Using Enhanced Client in UO Second Age

Brollidinger

Using Enhanced Client in UO Second Age

Post by Brollidinger »

Greetings,

I absolutely love playing UO Second Age due to the amazing community and ruleset. However, using the classic client causes troubles for me. After playing for about 30 minutes, the "choppy" framerate gives me a terrible headache. My eyes start to follow each frame and I have to stop playing. When I played UO on the live server using the enhanced client, I was able to play without feeling sick. Is there anyone that could help me get the enhanced client working on UO Second Age? I know it is possible, but I'm not very good at computer programming type stuff. Thanks in advance!

Your pal,
Brollidinger

Brollidinger

Re: Using Enhanced Client in UO Second Age

Post by Brollidinger »

UPDATE:

I was able to get the enhanced client to connect to UO Second Age using a loader. However, the spellbook is empty. Also I cannot craft... is there a way around this so I can still enjoy the smooth framerate *and* play on second age? Thanks for anyone that can help me...

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

might be a gump pack you can edit or add, i'd honestly bing/google anything having to do with using enhanced uo client on runuo server cuz that's what it's gonna boil down to.

Brollidinger

Post by Brollidinger »

Thanks for your help. I'll look into that. :)

Blood

Post by Blood »

If you do get it running please make a guide to have it documented. I don't know if using a non-official client is against the rules but if it makes you stay its worth a shot ;)

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

What is enhanced client?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Leiz

Post by Leiz »

Hi,

I m having the same issue.

May you share how you get enhanced client working?

skeletore1

Post by skeletore1 »

I got the Enhanced client working using uosa loader and it is amazing compared to classic. The only problem is crafting does not work and my spell book shows up empty making magery impossible to use... I wish someone would fix this as the only thing stopping me from playing uo is the outdated choppy running classic client which I hate!!! Pay servers are not a option as they were turned into disney land!

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

skeletore1 wrote:I got the Enhanced client working using uosa loader and it is amazing compared to classic. The only problem is crafting does not work and my spell book shows up empty making magery impossible to use... I wish someone would fix this as the only thing stopping me from playing uo is the outdated choppy running classic client which I hate!!! Pay servers are not a option as they were turned into disney land!

In my experience here over the last 2.5 years, its best to uninstall any other UO clients.
Install UOSA client version. If you play other shards, don't install their clients, play it from
razor by just switching the servers.

You shouldn't be experiencing anything like [outdated choppy running classic client] here.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12