Cant connect to IRC ???

mr mahony

Cant connect to IRC ???

Post by mr mahony »

when I try to connect to irc it gives me this message

[11:06:43] Running lightIRC 1.0 @ 04. October 2010. Project home: www.lightirc.com
[11:07:03] Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read www.lightirc.com/faq.html#security. You need to install a flash policy daemon at flash.wildirc.net (port 843).

Any Ideas? it makes it sound like the server owner issue or do I just need to update something?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Cant connect to IRC ???

Post by Chaos »

Yeah it sounds like lightirc needs a diff policy then we have installed. You can always try mIRC or my personal fav. HydraIRC. Also WildIRC As of October 22, 2010 the WildIRC IRC Network Website has been placed Under Construction. This might be why their are some policy issues with server.

Maybe HollyW00d in irc can help you would he is one of the admins for WildIRC if you can get into the webchat.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

SteelReserve

Post by SteelReserve »

Irc is Greek to me. I had it once but a friend set it up showed me a list of commands to get my movies but that was 4 years ago since then I became lazy and just stream them now. Which also frees up a lot of hard drive space :)
Just tried to download HyrdaIRC and laughed when it asked me to chose a Child ( user profile ) but now i have no idea how to connect to UOSA chat with this program :|

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Steel Reserve wrote:Irc is Greek to me. I had it once but a friend set it up showed me a list of commands to get my movies but that was 4 years ago since then I became lazy and just stream them now. Which also frees up a lot of hard drive space :)
Just tried to download HyrdaIRC and laughed when it asked me to chose a Child ( user profile ) but now i have no idea how to connect to UOSA chat with this program :|
I'm having the same issues logging into the IRC server, and I have no earhly idea how to resolve them. IRC might as well be Martian as far as my ability to manage it.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Once you install HydraIRC you will need to add a Network For WildIRC then inside the network you made, you add a server use one of theses two (Pirates.MI.US.WildIRC.Net or Steeltown.UK.EU.WildIRC.Net) and use the defult port (6667). No passwords are needed. Then Highlight it in list and click connect. Once you connect You will need to use command /Join #secondage

Hope that Helps pm me if you need more help.

Chaos

SteelReserve

Post by SteelReserve »

Chaos wrote:Once you install HydraIRC you will need to add a Network For WildIRC then inside the network you made, you add a server use one of theses two (Pirates.MI.US.WildIRC.Net or Steeltown.UK.EU.WildIRC.Net) and use the defult port (6667). No passwords are needed. Then Highlight it in list and click connect. Once you connect You will need to use command /Join #secondage

Hope that Helps pm me if you need more help.

Chaos
Followed it step by step thx for the guide im in IRC now :mrgreen:

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Glad to help.

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Yep, worked for me too. Thanks man.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

No Problem pm me if you need any more support help.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I've talked to HollyW00d (a wild IRC Admin), and he has confirmed that web chat will not be stable for a time, but he is working on the system. In the mean time please consider a IRC client rather then a flash app.

Trephination

Post by Trephination »

I'm having the same issue. I was in t2a IRC with no problems, ever... what changed?