Client crashing on login attempt

Atraxi

Client crashing on login attempt

Post by Atraxi »

I was recalling to a boat, trying to refresh it.

Mid-recall, everything froze, and the client crashed. I tried to log back in, and the client crashed again. Now, any char I try to log in, on any acct, causes my client to freeze, then crash.

I tried to restart my computer, but that didn't help.

What's going on? Anyone have this problem before?
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Atraxi

Re: Client crashing on login attempt

Post by Atraxi »

Does nobody have any insight into what might be the problem or what I can do to fix it?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the client, which allowed me to log my chars in again, but now it's started happening again.

So far, only one of my chars is crashing immediately upon login. I was running thru Brit with him, when someone opened a door near me, causing my client to crash. I haven't been able to log him in since. He's the only char I'm having a problem with right now.

I'm sure I could just keep uninstalling and reinstalling every time this happens, but I'd much rather solve the problem, than keep changing the band-aid.

Can someone please say something that might be helpful?
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Caliban

Post by Caliban »

Are you running the client directly or via Razor? If you're using Razor you could try uninstalling that, install the original downloaded version and then bypass Razor updates (see the post at the top of this forum)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This sounds like it could be a hard drive or memory problem; Especially that it happens after reinstall.

People have had issues with individual characters, but never every character on each account.

Have you tried making a new character?
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Hazon

Post by Hazon »

Hi there,

This problem is hapenning to me too but only in 1 char from 1 account, all other clients go ok.
I run the game in compatiblity windows xp from a windows 7.

The last thing I did was to recall from a rune i found in the floor... what an adventure! haha

Any idea how to fox this?

Hazon

Post by Hazon »

I can confirm the rune recalled me to Jhelom in between walls, im there stucked in my horse.
It crashes at 1st frame.

Hazon

Post by Hazon »

well, dont know what the problem was, fresh install and im fine :)

Sajvo

Post by Sajvo »

I'm having this exact issue. Was hoping to find a more current post about it. Did you ever figure out a fix for the issue completely?

Thead

Post by Thead »

I am having this problem now also everytime I recall, I had it work again once when I think a gm moved my character, but then had to recall again and now the same problem arose with the same character. I am going to try and uninstall and reinstall both Razor and the UO client when I get back home and see if that helps any (had to run out to go shopping).

Thead

Post by Thead »

I uninstalled and reinstalled both razor and the uo client and now everything is working again.