Musics are random?

Dagon

Re: Musics are random?

Post by Dagon »

followup.. it's a RunUO problem.. music for these areas are triggered by the server, and RunUO by default does not provide this information -- only towns and dungeon areas. everything else has to be added in manually..

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Working on it soon. Thanks for all the leg work on this. I've honestly had little time to look at this myself and had not previously looked into the music engine in RunUO.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Gumpo

Post by Gumpo »

i took a quick look in my RunUO directory from an old server i had, and it looks like it looks like it should be an easy fix. (Of course at this point in the conversation thats no major revelation, heh.) Like you said, it needs to be entered manually - just needs an XYWH value and then call a function to trigger the music change - should be simple to get taverns and castles working properly, but i imagine the sailing music would be a bugger.

I'm really excited to hear all the music working again properly, guys! Can't wait!

fancy shirt

Post by fancy shirt »

Two dead posts ressed in one night....

Is this still something being worked on? some of the sounds seem to be missing and the music tracks seem random and never loop as they should. Not a huge problem, of course, but it'd be nice to have it playing properly again.

LeonZA

Post by LeonZA »

<quote>followup.. it's a RunUO problem.. music for these areas are triggered by the server, and RunUO by default does not provide this information -- only towns and dungeon areas. everything else has to be added in manually..</quote>

It is strange. RunUO by default comes with regions with music attached to them. Like you say: Towns and Dungeons
,but it seems to be missing on this shard.
I am using the client downloaded from this site and have tried logging into different shards and they seem to work correctly with the music except for this shard.

The same 4 or 5 songs that play as soon as you open up UO seem to loop no matter where you are in the game. I am not sure how era accurate this is, but I would expect that as soon as I enter Britain that Britain's music starts playing?

Sauron

Post by Sauron »

This issue is still present as of 1/11/13.

ParkAndFarm

Post by ParkAndFarm »

Music loop issue still a problem 08-23-2016.
Doesn't stop. No moments of silence.
No wildlife sounds that used to be blended in with the silence after the music would stop as I remember 1997-2000 era.