Unchecking Razor "Use Smart CPU Usage Reduction" improves UO

Gray Wolf

Re: Unchecking Razor "Use Smart CPU Usage Reduction" improve

Post by Gray Wolf »

Add my voice to the choir: this works!!!! I was getting flashes on my screen, and would run good, and other tims it wouldn't. Now, it runs great ALL the time!
Sure am glad no-one called the guards!

:::: whack :::::

BigTheo

Post by BigTheo »

worked extremely well for me. thanks for the heads up!! :!:

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Arkon »

Derrick wrote:
Karik Verlee wrote:I have 3 UO's open at once, then when switching between windows sometimes it will lock up. If i goto razor and uncheck and recheck it unfreezes, but I haven't tried leaving it unchecked yet.
This happens to me too, and I use the same method to unfreeze it, but I'm only running one client.

It freezes when I switch between the client window and other windows such as IRC or IE.

My current theory it that it's "multiple monitors" causing it. It happens on both my primary PC's, one has two monitors, and the other 4. Oh, and Windows7 on both.
Well, this is happening to me very frequently now. I've been trying to open my house door for an alt on another account for about 15 mins but each time I switch between accounts UO stops responding. I don't use multiple monitors however.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Vile

Post by Vile »

Ok fixed this apparentley i jsut forgot my password to my account. :twisted:

morganm

Post by morganm »

poushma wrote:I have a used cpu with a lot of files on it . Can I delete all these files and start over with a clean hard dr? I want to delete everything on my hard drive without effecting my cpu's web capabilities . It was an office cpu hooked up to the company server . There are a lot of files I can delete , but am affraid it will crash my cpu's ability to surf the web .
Get a friend or family member who is "good with computers" to help you with this.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

*Updated the wording on my original post to make it more clear.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Derrick wrote:
Karik Verlee wrote:I have 3 UO's open at once, then when switching between windows sometimes it will lock up. If i goto razor and uncheck and recheck it unfreezes, but I haven't tried leaving it unchecked yet.
This happens to me too, and I use the same method to unfreeze it, but I'm only running one client.

It freezes when I switch between the client window and other windows such as IRC or IE.

My current theory it that it's "multiple monitors" causing it. It happens on both my primary PC's, one has two monitors, and the other 4. Oh, and Windows7 on both.
With direction from Derrick in IRC just now, I can confirm that running the client and Razor (maybe not needed for Razor) in Windows XP compatibility mode fixes this issue.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

All this advice has been documented in the "Razor - settings for Windows 7" section of http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Razor
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]