IRC/Forum Scammer Reports

Selling: Your One-Stop-Shop for all your sales.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: IRC/Forum Scammer Reports

Post by MatronDeWinter »

GuardianKnight wrote: How many times do we have to say to never use a broker who isn't in his usual guild?
Blackfoot is in UoH . As for taking an alibi from matron....don't.
The Criminal Law Deskbook of Criminal Procedure says that : "Alibi is different from all of the other defenses; it is based upon the premise that the defendant is truly innocent."
http://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/A ... ?id=154025

Felix is truly innocent, can you prove he did anything? Is there anything other than false claims, and forgable text? No?

How does that thing go.. Innocent until proven guilty?

Ergo; Felix is innocent.

Now, if he is innocent;
Why would I (supposedly) fake an alibi to prove it?

That being said, why would you lie and imply that I would do that?

The real question here, is why GuardianKnight lies so much?

Does he have any motive to slander my good name?
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... k&start=30
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... rs#p182237
among many others..

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

All you proved with your links is that you run shady forum auctions. You aren't going to turn this on me .

Everyone knows you are a liar, scammer, and a cheat. You have a secondary personality that pops up once in a while that like to help...but we can't count on that one popping up alot.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

GuardianKnight wrote:All you proved with your links is that you run shady forum auctions. You aren't going to turn this on me .

Everyone knows you are a liar, scammer, and a cheat. You have a secondary personality that pops up once in a while that like to help...but we can't count on that one popping up alot.
Argumentum ad Populum

Argumentum ad hominem

Do you have any sense of personal integtiry?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

MatronDeWinter wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:All you proved with your links is that you run shady forum auctions. You aren't going to turn this on me .

Argumentum ad Populum

Argumentum ad hominem

Do you have any sense of personal integtiry?

Not with you...you are just bad news.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I don't think that hurtful, unwarranted attacks to a person on an internet forum counts as an act of philanthropy.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I don't think that hurtful, unwarranted attacks to a person on an internet forum counts as an act of philanthropy.
You said you would be my nemesis.....and it's going accordingly as far as i can tell.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

GuardianKnight wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:I don't think that hurtful, unwarranted attacks to a person on an internet forum counts as an act of philanthropy.
You said you would be my nemesis.....and it's going accordingly as far as i can tell.
I saw that you were in need of one, and volunteered to fill the gap. A true act of philanthropy.

catalyst
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by catalyst »

Cataclyst wrote:Joshua Lee, is a scammer. As much as I don't like Felix/R-/Rj/whatever you want to call him, Joshua Lee SCAMMED him. Whatever the reason, or intention, it was a SCAM, and I call for an immediate blacklist of this little bipolar girl, whatever gender he/she/it is.
There's something veeeery familiar about you...

Crehalen

Post by Crehalen »

Someone by the name of Melanie on a nightmare was saying they would trade 44 silver for beard dye, I said I would take 2. I went to nuej and traded they stole the silver and ran. guards didnt do shit and I want my 88 silver. its bullshit that honest players who save and help others get scammed. Scamming is not apart of this fucking game. pking and stealing items from people. but there needs to be bannable offence when you make a deal with items of high value and then lie. its fucking bullshit if I dont get it redeemed i say fuck it. and fuck this game. ill let everything all my houses fall and u greedy sob can have it all.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

Crehalen wrote:Someone by the name of Melanie on a nightmare was saying they would trade 44 silver for beard dye, I said I would take 2. I went to nuej and traded they stole the silver and ran. guards didnt do shit and I want my 88 silver. its bullshit that honest players who save and help others get scammed. Scamming is not apart of this fucking game. pking and stealing items from people. but there needs to be bannable offence when you make a deal with items of high value and then lie. its fucking bullshit if I dont get it redeemed i say fuck it. and fuck this game. ill let everything all my houses fall and u greedy sob can have it all.
so you attempted to trade a lightweight, stealable item in town and didnt take precautions.. and you want compensation?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Melanie is a hero.

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

Crehalen wrote: Scamming is not apart of this fucking game. pking and stealing items from people..
Uhh what? Those have been a part of UO from day one. Hence being "grey" or "red".

They're just pixels. Get over it, get back to farming, and move on. For future reference, with any big money items you should always use a reputable broker (Blackfoot, Wise, etc).
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

Crehalen

Post by Crehalen »

get over it? get back to farming? it took me fucking nearly a year to get silver. i thought i took precaution by going to a room with just the both of us and saying guards just incase. they canceled stole. i said guards, didnt do shit. just cuz i made a mistake doesnt mean they shouldnt take charge. and btw thnx Matron for outting yourself. Only a fucking retard would say the person I had scammed me is a hero. i bet it was you too. because you were on a nightmare. might as well say you did it. not like they will do shit to you or anything

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It wasnt me, but still a hero none the less.

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

you didnt get scammed, you got stolen from.

stealing is actually an in game skill, believe it or not. if you don't understand the mechanics behind how stealing and guardwhacking works (which you obviously don't) then you should have been extra careful. or perhaps they should have told you they were a thief and that they were planning to steal your hard earned belongings before hand?

here is a short list of things that would have made stealing the silver alot more difficult/impossible, or at the very least, would have alerted you to the fact that the buyer was a thief:

1. use a vendor
2. use a broker
3. do the deal with a desk/chest/other immovable object between yourself and the buyer
4. use forensic evaluation on the buyer to see if they're in the thieves guild
5. ask the buyer to make a post on the forums to legitimise the trade
6. ask the buyer to come into irc to legitimise the trade in #secondagetrade
7. learn how the mechanics behind the stealing skill work

you spent a year collecting silver, and then took absolutely NO precautions while selling it. you are the only one to blame. stop crying and deal with it, its not the end of the world.