ID Wands?

Buying: Looking for something? You can buy it here.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Lil Meiyang

ID Wands?

Post by Lil Meiyang »

Anybody know the location of a vendor selling ID Wands? I need ASAP!

TNKS!

OC2000

Re: ID Wands?

Post by OC2000 »

I have loads, but 10gp per charge is way too low for the going rate.

IMO these are rarer than lightening wands. Yet 100 charges of lightening = 10000+ and 100 charges of ID = 1000gp not worth selling.

In the last 200 mibs ive done Ive probably gotten the same amount of ID charges as I have Lightening charges

Also ID wands dont tell you the value of the item. When I used ID wands, Id sell the chest load of crap for 1000 - 2000, now that I gmed ID I sell it for 5000 - 6000 so its worth it to GM ID and use ID wands for alts running shops

JoshuaLee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by JoshuaLee »

How much per charge are you paying, I may have a lot still that I probably will never use. Let me know.
Against all odds.WAR US
UOSA Music Video #6: The AMPA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfLoFkTtEEs
TDC Theme: Joshua Lee's Revenge
http://vimeo.com/7530389

Lil Meiyang

Post by Lil Meiyang »

@Joshua: I dunno wahtever the standard rate is.

@OC2000 I was keeping up fine with ID wand to treasure ratio, in fact I got so far ahead I started giving the wands away. Then my ID wand finding luck crapped out on me... :(

Anyway, this IDing by skill is too time consuming. Vendors will actually pay more for crap that's been evaluatied for cost?

Lil Meiyang

Post by Lil Meiyang »

JoshuaLee wrote:How much per charge are you paying, I may have a lot still that I probably will never use. Let me know.
Whatever the standard rate is. I don't need a lot -maybe like 5k worth...

You got a vendor?

OC2000

Post by OC2000 »

Yes vendors will pay a lot more for stuff that has been ided and cost evaluated otherwise its treated as a standard item. An evaluated item takes into account every attribute. for example, an indestructable supremely acc pick axe of ruin un evaluated would sell for 12gp, evaluated would sell for 100+gp

Lil Meiyang

Post by Lil Meiyang »

Oh, but I still get that same higher rate if the stuff's been IDed by a wand, right?

I usually ID everything by wand, and sell off anything that's below POWER for weapons or FORTIFICATION for armor. Usually comes to a pretty penny.

Are you saying I would get even *more* from the NPC vendors if I evaluated the cost of each item as well?

SJane3384
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by SJane3384 »

I've got like 250 charges in some wands/staves if you want them.

Also, I think the going rate has been like 200gp per charge. That's what I've been selling them for anyway, and people have yet to complain.
Dolphins are NOT era accurate, and MUST be banned!
Sign my PETITION!

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

If you use the Item ID skill, the value of the item will be higher when selling to a vendor.

You make more money if you ID with the skill (wands do not display estimated value of a weapon) and sell to a vendor.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Thats not true. Makes no difference if its ID'd with the skill or a wand, it still sells for the same ammount aslong as it has been ID'd by the toon your selling it on.

Your getting confused with not ID'ing at all, if you dont ID a magic katana for example, it will sell for the same ammount as a shop bought katana. I just tested this to make sure.
?

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

And ID'ing with a wand versus skill makes no difference in selling price? If so, then i'm going to be burning up all of my wand / staff charges rather than holding onto them

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Aye. Only difference is the ID skill will tell you what its worth aswell as ID'ing it, it does not affect sale price, just gives you the value the vendor will buy it for. Try it and see.
?

Halogen
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Halogen »

Yes, there is no difference in price to an npc vendor whether you ID it yourself or with a wand....but having a char with gm Item ID is a huge money saver over time, and it takes very little time and no gold to make one.

Lothain

Post by Lothain »

Just be a man and hunt liches.

Return to “Archive Buying”