Truths and Consequences - by Sage Cynewulfa

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
SighelmofWyrmgard

Truths and Consequences - by Sage Cynewulfa

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Truths and Consequences, a Parable of Justice and Truth - by Sage Cynewulfa

The Glorious Lady, Sage Cynewulfa,
Druidess of The Sacred Grove,
Emissary to The Lycaeum,
Paragon of Justice, Silver Serpent Society

Oft, I am too curious, I doth s'ppose. Take, for example, mine own adventure in the heart of the Hedge Maze.

'Twas a long time ago. For years, I hadst worked in Moonglow for the Druid's Conclave of Yew, deciphering and inscribing at The Lycaeum. I didst come 'pon a most-curious and particular document, and betook it 'pon myself to research further, and investigate.

A certain Grandmaster Mage, certainly long-deceased, by the name of Relvinian, presented singularly. A little further research didst suggest to me that I might investigate the Hedge Maze, southwest of Britain.

The Hedge Maze: an interesting place. Whilst attempting to navigate into the heart of it, I encountered an Elder Gazer, which I promptly slew once it hadst begun to attack me. In the center, I didst discover a ruined tower and a ruined manor house, and a Lich, who didst become ruined himself, shortly after he didst attack me; whimsically, I didst wonder if I hadst just met the famed Relvinian ...

I didst explore the remains of the enclave. I found some interesting, if otherwise un-useful, books; otherwise, a lot of garbage. With persistence, I didst discover the entrance to the tower.

I canst not remember, precisely, all that I did, simply that I investigated the tower, and ended-up leaving, feeling disappointed.

Oh my! Here, suddenly, was a Daemon! My horse nickered and whinnied but I, simply, didst roll my eyes.

"A tasty human wench!" the villain didst laugh. "Come to me, my Sweet: I'll assure thee, thou wilt never again have such a man as I!"

Coldly, looking into his burning eyes, I warned, "I wilst assure thee: thou shalt never again enjoy such a wench as I."

"Saucy! I, especially, like human women who are saucy!" The vile creature licked its teeth.

"Give me leave to pass, and I wilt permit thee to keep thine present incarnation. Thou art a creature of magnificent physical and mystical power but, I declare to thee: thou canst not withstand me; do not impede me."

The Daemon gloated, embracing his own ribs in malicious mirth. "Oh, ho, ho, ho! Prithee, my Sweet, do tell me more!"

"I am a Druidess, and a Scholar of The Lycaeum: thou art a bully, and a master of lies. Thou mightst think that the lie is the equal and opposite to the truth. 'Tis not. An axiom for thee: Truth can exist without Falsehood, but Falsehood can never exist in the absence of Truth."

"Oh, why me?" the Daemon groaned, rolling its burning eyes. "I'm listening to some daft philosopher, again. I think that I shalt simply slay and eat thee, now. When wilst I ever learn ...?"

"Have a care! And think for thine own future! Truth, oft, doth speak for itself! Another axiom, only two styles of creature choose to gamble: the cheat, and the fool; thou art a fool if thou dost not know that thou wilt win; a cheat if, indeed, thou do. Offer thine own wager at thy peril."

He hadst not been the first Daemon that I hadst slain, nor the last. 'Twas, of course, a contest, sometimes desperate, but the results inevitable.

As the fire in his eyes didst begin to dwindle and flicker-out, I taunted, "Yet a third axiom for thee, fiend: deceit, particularly self-deceit, is the greatest betrayer of all, thou fool!"

I wilst freely admit that I canst be petty, when I hath been aroused to ire.
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.