UOSA History Museum

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: UOSA History Museum

Post by GuardianKnight »

BlackFoot wrote:Yes, the museum will probably need some expert advice on EV proofing :P
Alright. Don't let EVs see the museum.

How much you gonna pay me?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

BlackFoot wrote:Yes, the museum will probably need some expert advice on EV proofing :P
Just hit me up on a weekend sometime. :)
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Light Shade wrote:
Just hit me up on a weekend sometime. :)
Sebben will be hitting you up!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Hello All,

After burning down too many tapestries and knocking over too many ancient suits of armour, the UOSA History Museum's board of directors have decided I have grown too old to handle the responsibilities of this museum and handed me my letter of termination.

Fear NOT! The UOSA History Museum will continue to record the ongoing happenings of the shard. The museum will continue its normal day to day operations! It will continue to record the many events of UOSA and collect its various memorabilia, but under the watchful eye of the Museum's new curator.

I would like to introduce Sebben of Shadowmire. I'm sure many veterans recognize Sebben as an ongoing contributor to Britannia in various forms. He is most honourable and ready to take the reigns of this ancient UOSA establishment.

For past museum donators and contributors - Know that your items are as secure as they have always been. You can claim your items at any time using the same method as before but know they are still safe and recoverable.

For future donators and contributors - Please continue to support this historic UOSA landmark! If you have something of interest know that your item will be displayed securely for all to see without worry of it being lost or stolen (or IDOCing in your house).

Ahh I can remember the moment the idea for the museum was conceived! Now I'm being ousted!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5753

Yea that was it. Years ago...

I would like to thank everyone for your years of help in running this ship! It was fun :D
I hope you will help Sebben the same way you helped me!

(No I'm not going anywhere :P)
Attachments
MUSEUM1.jpg
MUSEUM1.jpg (150.94 KiB) Viewed 16625 times
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Sebben
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Sebben »

I would first like to thank Blackfoot for the amount of faith and trust he has in me for making me his successor. I will never be able to take his place, but I would like to continue his work in keeping up with the museum. The museum will not be going anywhere and will continue to be updated for new holidays and events. Decorating and organizing houses is probably my favorite part of UO (yeah, I’m pure trammie), so I am very excited for this opportunity.

Secondly, I would echo Black’s comments in that donated items will remain just as secure as they were under his watch. I understand some contributors may be hesitant with the change and ask for their items back, which is fine. Black will be giving me his list of who donated what. Please do not try to scam me out of something that is not yours. Don’t bother, it won’t work.

Safe travels!

-Sebben

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

PM'd you
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Maahes wrote:Any game master additions to the museum are not permanent, Blackfoot is using a lot of his own time to prepare events for the players, we just think it's appropriate to help him out a little bit with things he can't do.
Seem permanent to me.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

For a while, i compared my place to this one but then I stopped. My place is actually relevant.
I am still here. My place is used by close friends and family looking for some carefree UO to which I finance.

... and yes its also jacked full of rares.

On the other hand, Biscophan has the demeanor of someone who believes he is blessing us with his presence by banksitting. Once while I was trying to help a new player on brit bank roof, he made a snotty remark about me using a "5 year bracelet" (even though my IG Taboo account is really something like 7). I mean, really?

I don't believe Biscophan or most of the player's statues inside their museum are actually older or at least very much older players than myself.

I'm pretty sure I still have some kill screen shots of Hemporer somewhere from my time in ACE and I am in some of chumbucket's "comic strips".

It all seems very very overrated and self serving of UoH. They are a guild that no longer has a presence.

P.S.:

I also don't particularly care for the vultures that inhabit the homes around ACE's duel arena and pretend to make a big deal of owning an arena home.

They didn't build it, we did. Raw unsmelted ore by raw unsmelted ore.

Why are these structures still around? Out with the old and in with the new.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Taboo wrote:For a while, i compared my place to this one but then I stopped. My place is actually relevant.
I am still here. My place is used by close friends and family looking for some carefree UO to which I finance.

... and yes its also jacked full of rares.

On the other hand, Biscophan has the demeanor of someone who believes he is blessing us with his presence by banksitting. Once while I was trying to help a new player on brit bank roof, he made a snotty remark about me using a "5 year bracelet" (even though my IG Taboo account is really something like 7). I mean, really?

I don't believe Biscophan or most of the player's statues inside their museum are actually older or at least very much older players than myself.

I'm pretty sure I still have some kill screen shots of Hemporer somewhere from my time in ACE and I am in some of chumbucket's "comic strips".

It all seems very very overrated and self serving of UoH. They are a guild that no longer has a presence.
Almost every statue in the museum is before your time as far as I remember. Myself, Coffee, and Demon Arkanis were some of the first people on the shard in the grand scheme of things. Demon Arkanis was a bit of a nemesis to me. As for other names on the list, their contributions at the time were recognized when the statues were created. Why we didn't continue the statue concept? I'm not entirely sure as I was not staff at the time nor involved in the process much. I can't imagine this "statue program" for lack of a better name will be picked back up, but if it were, I'd love to take the current names along with new names, and place them in a non-player owned structure. I wasn't 100% on board with them being added to the UoH tower at the time.

Guardian Knight is in charge of the current UoH tower, not Blackfoot. Also, Bisco is not Blackfoot.

As for what may happen to the fountain and stones outside the UoH Tower, they will be left there until we determine how to handle future "add ons" which is currently in development. We've finally made some stances collectively as Staff and just need to get a "policy" written up on how to implement it. Any future add-ons will not be community decided but in fact GM blessings similar to the way OSI handled it.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Almost every statue in the museum is before your time as far as I remember. Myself, Coffee, and Demon Arkanis were some of the first people on the shard in the grand scheme of things. Demon Arkanis was a bit of a nemesis to me. As for other names on the list, their contributions at the time were recognized when the statues were created. Why we didn't continue the statue concept? I'm not entirely sure as I was not staff at the time nor involved in the process much. I can't imagine this "statue program" for lack of a better

Guardian Knight is in charge of the current UoH tower, not Blackfoot. Also, Bisco is not Blackfoot.

As for what may happen to the fountain and stones outside the UoH Tower, they will be left there until we determine how to handle future "add ons" which is currently in development. We've finally made some stances collectively as Staff and just need to get a "policy" written up on how to implement it. Any future add-ons will not be community decided but in fact GM blessings similar to the way OSI handled it.
These people with statues are only a year or under a year older than me. In fact I'm not sure that all are older than myself, such as chumbucket. Not to mention, GK and biscopan are both younger but this wasn't really my point.

I only intended to speak to the fact that the remaining UoH has a seemingly distorted sense of self importance. Their properties aren't particularly historically impressive. I take issue with these gm placed statues and things like, for example, vines strewn all over their tower wall face. These are silver reward items after all.

IMO, you could also say this collection of statues is missing many players who are old. They have come and left. They had an impact. They have no statues.

Just very very overrated and self serving of the remaining members.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Taboo wrote: I take issue with these gm placed statues and things like, for example, vines strewn all over their tower wall face. These are silver reward items after all.
These became silver rewards at the start of 2015. Just because something becomes a silver reward, it doesn't mean we're going to remove every instance of the item from before the change. As for addressing the statues and any "add ons" that the UoH museum has, it will be addressed when we release the newest policy and decide how to handle all remaining past "add ons".
Taboo wrote:IMO, you could also say this collection of statues is missing many players who are old. They have come and left. They had an impact. They have no statues.
I actually agree with you and that's why I suggested my take on how to handle the old and any future statues that may or may not be created.
Taboo wrote:Just very very overrated and self serving of the remaining members.
Only one statue in that museum is a UoH member as far as I can tell. It's not like we've said we're rejecting new statues because the newer (who are now Vet) players are "not important" it's because Statues were only added for an extremely brief span of time.

The museum has multiple gift/event rares from 2014 and possibly from 2015 but I didn't do a thorough job to scout it out. I am including both the tower and the castle in my brief assessment. It may not encompass all event or limited-time items on the shard, but I'd say it's still more accurate than some of the current "regularly active museums" on the shard. This is can be confirmed by simply clicking on the items and seeing the span of history each museum has based on event trophy stamps and by looking through old forum posts to find the origins of items that aren't as obvious in regards to their time of creation.

I'm on board with thinning down the excessive "add ons" that occupy the lands, especially in spaces where no player truly benefits from it (aside from those lucky enough to drop houses nearby to sell the house with "add ons" as a bonus). Thinning has been done to every single inactive town/guild's "add ons" in the past (2013 I believe is when I did a pass-through), but every place was left with some "add ons" to keep a certain amount of history on the shard (as per Derrick's request at the time).
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Statues weren't given based off age, they were given based off player contributions to the shard.

Let them stand, it's nice to have a little bit of history on the shard in wake of the recent nukings. Besides players bitching about this are likely to be butthurt just because they didn't get "free" pixels.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Soma wrote:Statues weren't given based off age, they were given based off player contributions to the shard.

Let them stand, it's nice to have a little bit of history on the shard in wake of the recent nukings. Besides players bitching about this are likely to be butthurt just because they didn't get "free" pixels.
There are a lot of players who contributed a lot to this server and they dont have statues.

Yes, its stupid that some players are getting free pixels for no reason. (braziers, banners, & vines)

You should probably go back and actually read the recent conversation on this thread. You missed it.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I think a few things inside the UoH castle were made static by yoda because blackfoot had an issue with lockdowns.

As for self importance.

I own all of these properties. I have no self importance. I don't claim anything in these properties, and that is what makes the UOH museum special. you all have your big ol castles with stuff strewn all over the place, but you would sell any of it when you felt like it.

I don't claim any of it, and there will be no claims on any of it by anyone. As for the decorations: The museum itself is now a landmark of history all in itself. It isn't a 1 to 2 year old castle that gets plopped down and decorated. It's been here for a very very long time. It has outlasted EVERYTHING and nearly EVERYONE.

I'm not one of the people you know that would sell out their friends and just bank everything or sell it. I have no use for in game gold or $$$. I can't be bought.

The Property, the items, the history, and the people who have owned these properties.....that is what makes them special.

I'm not active on my main characters, so you will not see me often. Thanks.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Do a drop event GK, advertise it for 2 weeks them boom, all the loot gets spread out among the wizards that play here.
It's been here for a very very long time. It has outlasted EVERYTHING and nearly EVERYONE.
There are probably 7 people who even know or mildly care about this, out with the old in with the new I say, there no sense in stagnation.

EXAMPLE