Looks like this shard died

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Tristan

Re: Looks like this shard died

Post by Tristan »

While I might agree a little with the statement (to a certain degree) of farnk about "people need to come to realize that it's not only said server that's dead, it's the game in general" that's not entirely true, if you count how many people play on osi and in other shards I bet you'll get a huge number of players, on the other hand I agree that UO is generally "old-school" for fresh new players to come unless they are either into "retro-gaming" or they are old enough and have played other old mmo's like EQ/DAOC/AC and so on and they don't care about the graphics and "clunky" interface. I doubt that you'll find someone that has been involved into UO for a long while that is younger that 22-23, this game is old (but gold) and the community aswel and ofc a lot of people is going to leave the game forever because they either have real life stuff that take most of their time or because they (sadly) pass away (and I don't want to go too dramatic about that).

I think the main problem is the massive spread of people between hundreds of shards and people leaving a shard because they see a new one and want to try it out because either they are bored of the one they are at or because they just want to try a new thing (not gonna blame them).

Some people have told me that some "vets" from UO:SA have left to another server (I'm not going to say the name of it but you'll prolly know which one I'm talking about).

I could rant more about the subject and make myself more clear but I'll end up writing a book probably, and I assure you new people are coming to play this server.

Source: I'm new on the server, been playing for a couple of days because a friend linked me the UO:SA site (he's also playing here), so far I love it and it brings me a lot of nostalgia and I'm definetly going to stay as much as my life allows me to.

PS: sorry for the long post and grammar, take it as an introduction to myself aswel.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Tristan wrote:While I might agree a little with the statement (to a certain degree) of farnk about "people need to come to realize that it's not only said server that's dead, it's the game in general" that's not entirely true, if you count how many people play on osi and in other shards I bet you'll get a huge number of players, on the other hand I agree that UO is generally "old-school" for fresh new players to come unless they are either into "retro-gaming" or they are old enough and have played other old mmo's like EQ/DAOC/AC and so on and they don't care about the graphics and "clunky" interface. I doubt that you'll find someone that has been involved into UO for a long while that is younger that 22-23, this game is old (but gold) and the community aswel and ofc a lot of people is going to leave the game forever because they either have real life stuff that take most of their time or because they (sadly) pass away (and I don't want to go too dramatic about that).

I think the main problem is the massive spread of people between hundreds of shards and people leaving a shard because they see a new one and want to try it out because either they are bored of the one they are at or because they just want to try a new thing (not gonna blame them).

Some people have told me that some "vets" from UO:SA have left to another server (I'm not going to say the name of it but you'll prolly know which one I'm talking about).

I could rant more about the subject and make myself more clear but I'll end up writing a book probably, and I assure you new people are coming to play this server.

Source: I'm new on the server, been playing for a couple of days because a friend linked me the UO:SA site (he's also playing here), so far I love it and it brings me a lot of nostalgia and I'm definetly going to stay as much as my life allows me to.

PS: sorry for the long post and grammar, take it as an introduction to myself aswel.
This is great to hear, welcome. Plz pm me in irc or on forums if you need anything. Ideally if all other shards crashed and left one mega server I think we'd see a 500-700 pop daily. which would be a lot of fun, however its also not realistic. One day maybe!
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Believe me, there are benefits to having a little breathing room. :roll:

I have seen worse timeframes on uosa. That's not to say it's bad now, but if the pop raised around 100 more at peak then it would probably be "just right".

Anyway, your pessimism smells like garbage.

Skool

Post by Skool »

pew. shards dead
IRC Skool

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

Skool wrote:pew. shards dead
Are you "Old Skool" from long ago? You had a guild town in Trinsic Jungles? Your con use to suck! Anyway, whoever you are, there are a lot of good times to be had on this shard!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I remember this dude. His entire persona is wizard tears.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I remember this dude. His entire persona is wizard tears.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

pyrolee

Post by pyrolee »

shard is booming

Xantha

Post by Xantha »

I give thanks to the people who offer us this possibility of still bathing every day in the nostalgia of ultima online and that they still have the energy and the means to do so. I am happy to find this server still open even if it is not very crowded.
Thank you and thank you again :wink: