DOWNLOAD: UO Auto-Map 9.0 Beta - UOSA Exclusive Multi-Client

News and Announcements
Dagon

DOWNLOAD: UO Auto-Map 9.0 Beta - UOSA Exclusive Multi-Client

Post by Dagon »

-= UO Auto-Map v9.0 Beta =-

Featuring UO Multi-Clienting Capability.

Read the following information for the known issues and limitations. UOAM is not 100% multi-client capable.

UOAM was never intended for multi-clienting (especially with the UOA enhanced features), and as such there are a number of issues with the methods I've implemented to enable multi-client support.

Read and understand the following information before registering any complaints and use the information provided to determine whether or not the limited multi-client support will be useful to you.

Not every function or situation has been tested, so if you find any issues that are not listed below please report them.

What's New

Two versions of the UOAM program file are provided, each with unique new functionality. One may suit your needs better than the other, however they are both similar when it comes to the limitations.

UOAM Locked (Single) Client
UOAM locked to a single client - - like default UOAM operation.
It will lock into the most recently opened client only and will not switch between clients. You can run 3 locked UOAM's for 3 clients and they will all operate individually (with UOA houses). (i.e. open uo client 1, open uoam 1, open uo client 2, open uoam 2, etc)

UOAM Auto Switch Client
UOAM will switch between the currently active UO clients.

At this time the 3 client limit is a static hard-coded number and it will not work for more than 3 clients.

The UOAM update procedure has been completely removed without the need for the Q command line switch.

Known Issues/Limitations for the Auto Switch Client

1) Houses will be displayed on UOAM for the first client, but are lost for other clients.
b) When switching back to the first client a house (or a few) may disappear but will reappear after you leave the area (about a screen) and return again.

2) UOAM Chat
a) Only the first client logged into a UOAM server will be able to send text, but all clients will receive text from connected players.

b) Tracking of a chat-enabled character will switch with the active UO client like the normal map tracking operation. This means that even though character X logged into chat when you switch to character Y's UO screen character Y will be tracked by the rest of the chat-linked players.

3) Markers
Markers between players are semi-shared, meaning if you dropped a marker on each map and switch between characters the current character will "pick up" the previous marker and the distance/direction will be shown for that marker.

You will not be able to drop a new (second/third) marker for each character as the first marker is still active.

Known Issues/Limitations for the Single Client

Same as above, items 2-3.

Even with one session of the locked UOAM client open, UOA features will be shared among all open clients, so for example typing -where into a non-Locked client will still give you the UOA response of your coordinates even though the map is not tracking that character.

It is unlikely that these issues will ever be resolved due to the way UOAM was made.

I've experimented with a number of methods to try and resolve these issues but none were successful. Without the actual UOAM source code to drastically change the way it handles the client and interfaces with UO Assist (Razor) there's nothing more that can be done (as far as I can see). Please keep this in mind before ranting about how useless or crappy or whatever these modifications have been.

These modified versions of UOAM can run side-by-side with the unmodified version of UOAM, provided that it is installed to a different directory since one newly modified file is not compatible with the unmodified UOAM. Installing over an existing installation of UOAM does not remove any of the existing map files, but asks you if you want to remove any existing UOAM files (if yes, deletes uoam.exe, register.exe, and updateace.dll before installing).

I don't think I'm forgetting anything else..... so, Enjoy.

Download UO Auto-Map v9.0.0 Beta

Malrynn

Re: DOWNLOAD: UO Auto-Map 9.0 Beta - UOSA Exclusive Multi-Cl

Post by Malrynn »

This is great, thank you!

abercoby

Post by abercoby »

Thumbs up
Rock hard, ride free

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Nice Dagon, thanks!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

roguan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by roguan »

Great job! Thanks a lot !
"The NPK"

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by yossarian »

This is fantastic! thanks!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

So sorry I never got around to testing this but...

I Support Dagon.

lol tyvm.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

lol np Rose.

plus i figure having it open for everyone to download and try will result in better testing than just a limited number of people.

it's just been sitting around on my drive for a couple weeks not doing anything, so figured it's about time to get it out there.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

New installer updated.

Forgot to add into the installer to have uoam run as admin on vista/7 systems.. caused issues when it was not. Thanks Orbanaz.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Dagon

thank you for this great contribution to the shard!

Nicoladen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Nicoladen »

The map is just totally black, can't see the land nor water. Can only see all the POI's

Checked all the settings as far as i know. Running on W7 and ran it as admin.

Any ideas?

Found out why - Needed to tell UO Automap the specific location under MAP->UO Client File location, working perfectly now, thanks Dagan :)

Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Very nice, Guys. : D

voodoo

Post by voodoo »

This is awesome. Everyone should be using it.

Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I have seen on some screenshots that people's UOAM keeps track of all the houses on the shard but for some reason the version i have only shows me the ones around my house... once i run away those houses go away.

Does the newest version do that?