Forum Upgrade Beta Testers Needed

News and Announcements
Derrick

Forum Upgrade Beta Testers Needed

Post by Derrick »

I've installed a new upgraded "style" for the forums which brings us up to date with the latest version of the phpbb3 forum engine.

It should look almost exactly the same as the existing one, with some additional features in some areas. I'm not applying it yet to everyone because it was a lot of manual code changes and I'm not sure that it's bug free; but if you would like to help test, go to your "User Control Panel" and choose "Board Preferences" then change "My Board Style" to "UOSA"

This link may get you there: http://forum.uosecondage.com/ucp.php?i=165

Please report any problems you discover.

You'll know you're on the new one if you see the new forum header (designed by Rouss [thanks!])
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Populus

Re: Forum Upgrade Beta Testers Needed

Post by Populus »

I like that the header"box" is finally gone.

Also, not to piss on the header. But it looks rather empty/dull without the t2a magician logo ^^,

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks for testing!

We will likely do some more modifications once we're confident these code changes were all done correctly. I found some really dumb bugs right away, like the lack of a "New Topic" icon
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

after using the search box your login status is being lost when you enter any thread from the search results so any action that requires you to be logged in does not work and asks you to log in again and then sends you to the main index.. looks like it only applies to using the search box at the top->Search UOSA, normal search works fine
Last edited by Dagon on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Been using it for a few hours now and haven't noticed any particular abnormality.

Will definitely post it if something pops up.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Here is my first oddity that just started here in the last few minutes...

The bottom list of picture links to vote for the shard are appearing at the bottom of the first post when viewing a thread. There is a "Top" link at the top left corner of this section next to the left most vote link icon picture.

Edit:
No longer happening now though... don't know what was up with it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Faust wrote:Here is my first oddity that just started here in the last few minutes...

The bottom list of picture links to vote for the shard are appearing at the bottom of the first post when viewing a thread. There is a "Top" link at the top left corner of this section next to the left most vote link icon picture.

Edit:
No longer happening now though... don't know what was up with it.
I've been working on this live

Thanks!

Faust

Post by Faust »

I had a feeling that it might have just been something on those lines.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think I'm ready to take this template live. No other abnormalities?

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

There is an ad directly beneath your initial post, instead of at the bottom of the page like it used to be. Other wise i like the new setup :)

edit: also after posting this, i can't see my signature for some reason on this post, but my previous ones still have it

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

aye, those will alternate between ads and vote links for non-donators/subscribers.

I'm not too hot on it really, but I don't like asking for money either so this is a trial compromise. I'll be very open to feedback on this.

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Derrick wrote:aye, those will alternate between ads and vote links for non-donators/subscribers.

I'm not too hot on it really, but I don't like asking for money either so this is a trial compromise. I'll be very open to feedback on this.

I like that idea, donate and you get Vote links, dont you get Spam :)

Great reason to continue donating IMO ^_^

Awesome work Derrick

Faust

Post by Faust »

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Return to “Shard News”