Lag, Hardware Upgrade, and a little bit of panhandling.

News and Announcements
Facelessman0419

Re: Lag, Hardware Upgrade, and a little bit of panhandling.

Post by Facelessman0419 »

Whoops I did not read before I posted that an argument about my suggestion has already been posted lol. Well not sure, I dont really care about rares but it is a way to get people to dump crap. Or maybe give a special title as in Grandmaster Trashman or something haha. Only way for people to get rid of items is to grant a stupid prize or something to get them to get rid of it.

Anthrax

Post by Anthrax »

Perhaps a CUB that pays out silver ?

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

if you plan on having more CUB, then people will know that there will be more and more in the future, and we will go from 3.3millions items today to 10 millions items quickly...

i really hope, and i am quite sure as an admin dont come back so easily on something that he repeated so many times, that there wont be any other CUB.

just drop the shit that you have, only collect weapons power or vanq, drop the force for instance, only keep invulnerable, etc...

this will help everyone on the shard

take care

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

It could be an all day event where someone could trash a bunch of items for trophy point(s). 125 items per 1 point, or hell, even 125 items for 1 silver coin (those are still 1/2 points, right?). It really isn't that big of a deal to give out some trophy points. It'll get people to sell their points which will get people to spend some of their money. The trophies will be turned in and deleted from the server in exchange for 1 item.

So, 125 items for 1 point. It's at least 100 points before getting anything really worth turning in for. That's 12,500 items you'd have to trash just to get something decent.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

The CUB event cant happen again unless the housing changes that followed the CUB system are put in place here (which wont happen). Remember that CUB was the first of a 3 phase system. It has already been proven that the consequences of stopping after just phase 1 of 3 are bad news for the server and player mentality. It would be very difficult to justify having this particular event system again.

Zane

Post by Zane »

What were phase 2 and 3?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

phase 2 they changed the amount of secure/lockdown amounts to a pretty small number
phase 3 turn on item decay in houses

Zane

Post by Zane »

BlackFoot wrote:phase 2 they changed the amount of secure/lockdown amounts to a pretty small number
phase 3 turn on item decay in houses
I know it wouldn't be era accurate, but I wouldn't exactly complain about that (granted I'm sure there's some details I'm not aware).

Artulk

Post by Artulk »

Ack! What do you mean item decay in houses? When is that gonna start?

I was wondering about the secure containers in houses, I thought there were normally more but after ten years *shrug* I could be remembering incorrectly. But item decay in houses!, that could cause me and some people I know some serious anguish. So hopefully that's not in effect yet.

And if or when it does I would suggest 1. Put that on a pop up on character log in for a few days before and 2. You might want to have some gump displaying that information upon new house placements and house xfers/sales. Because like me, that could hit alot of people broadside. Not everyone frequents the forums.

thanks

Zane

Post by Zane »

He's not saying it's going to happen, he was explaining that the CUB on OSI was part of a bigger series of changes.

Nobody's talking about phase 2 and 3 happening here (other then me saying I wouldn't mind it).

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. To confirm, we have no intention of changing the housing system.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Actually lock downs & secures went way up after phase 2 and 3, and the way secures were "counted" by the house changed from being counted as 1 lock down to potentially 126, 1 for the container, 125 items inside. Thats why a post CUB3 castle has 4k lock downs, to accommodate 28 secures, pre CUB has 577.

For example small house, pre/post CUB -
  • Lockdowns 25 Secure 1.
    Lockdowns 425 Secures 3
The reason it cut down the item count, while giving more lockdowns, even if you take out the secures at 126 items max, is because of house decay, someone might have 47 items locked down in their house and 178 items in secures, but thats still less than having 10 chests with 125 items in each just sitting there, or in lockdown containers that dont count towards the lock down limit.

I still think CUB here was done far to early, very premature. It should be run every 2 years imo, since thats the time span of T2A, but I appreciate the excessive hoarding anticipation of a another CUB creates. I dont think you will stop people doing this however, no matter how much its stated there wont be another CUB, people just think the more they hoard, the more likely the staff are to cave and do another one. Its like the chicken and the egg.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Ive been told the server will never be held ransom by hoarders :D
the line in my sig was from the convo

Watatsumi
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Watatsumi »

The problem with CUB is that it rewards the hoarders and not the people who try to keep there housing clean at all times. Having Derrick state that CUB will never be part of UOSA again will go along way to curbing this problem.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I just subscribed I didnt know it was that easy. I think I might have messed up though as I put my new address instead of my billing address since I just moved. Can you confirm this wen through?

Normally I wouldnt put that information on the net, I made an exception for UOSA though.