A Sad Day for Me

Visit our website at http://aojguild.webs.com/

Moderators: kinslayer, Grofus

Annabell Red

A Sad Day for Me

Post by Annabell Red »

After speaking with Grofus, I have decided to leave the guild. The only reason I am doing this is because of inactivity of the guild. It seems that I am the only character that is ever online, despite the impressive roster. AoJ tried to help this server, and for a long time, they did. But certain forces of this server decided that it was more important to grief and alienate new players, running them off of the server for good. A week or so ago I spoke to a new player to the server, and new member of AoJ. He said that he had been pked more than 30 times on his very first day of playing and was quitting out of disgust. The people responsible for this know who they are, and I find their behavior puzzling. At the current rate, they will soon be the kings of a dead server. Congrats?

Capitalist

Re: A Sad Day for Me

Post by Capitalist »

No PKs even log in. Stop spreading lies.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Annabell Red

Post by Annabell Red »

Serious question: What will you do when you're the only person left on the server? Find another one to destroy like a plague of locusts?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

You seem emotional. Please remind yourself that this is a game.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Annabell Red

Post by Annabell Red »

You're right, it does make me a little emotional. That's because I love this server and I love the friends that I have made here. So can you answer the question? I am really curious what your answer will be.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Annabell Red wrote:You're right, it does make me a little emotional. That's because I love this server and I love the friends that I have made here. So can you answer the question? I am really curious what your answer will be.
+1 need to encourage new players to join not drive them off

Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Whitley »

Annabell Red wrote:But certain forces of this server decided that it was more important to grief and alienate new players, running them off of the server for good.
So much this.

What we are witnessing is something EA recognized long ago when they instituted the much-maligned Trammel. Left to their own devices, a small number of players could ruin the fun of the majority and drive off their player base and revenue stream. We are now seeing that EA was right.

I think it would be a great experiment to start a sort of "good Samaritan" UO server, where players are somehow rewarded for helping each other, rather than causing endless grief. Pipe dream, I know, but something I've wondered about many times.

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Annabell,

It truly was sad to see you go, but we have the memories we made together as a guild and keep in mind your guildies are not gone, they just choose to have fun together rather than attempt to turn the tides on this type of griefing behavior anymore. At some point one has to weigh if the effort to topple the griefers is worth it, or to just move on and still enjoy the comradery that we have built up over the years. Its a tough thing to do. At any rate we are still around and most have toons still on SA if you need some help just let us know.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Annabell Red

Post by Annabell Red »

Miss you Grofus!

<3

AngelicaNHG

Post by AngelicaNHG »

I play here everyday. To be honest i check many times during the day to see who is on, maybe a couple days a week there is a pk on, and mainly in the evening. I have been here almost 7 years now and NHG has helped more players than any guild on the shard, I sent many players to AoJ after training and grofus will state that this is true. If this new person claims to have been pk'd 30 times even I find that far fetched. Lets face it folks, PK's have been griefing players since beta, it has been part of the game from the beginning. This is not trammel here folks. I cannot count how many times when i started i was constantly pk'd, did i quit ? Absolutely not. This game has and will always be this way, no one is driving people away by pk'ing people, i will tell you what is. It is all the whining and complaining that goes on in discord. No one wants to hear horror stories or whining constantly, that does not make for a good thing either, Instead of constantly whining and downing the shard , How about people try to build it up. If being pk'd is making people quit, then this game nor any other game that has pk's is a game they should even attempt to be playing. Its a damn game folks and being pk'd is all part of the game and has been for many years. There are games far worse for killing than this one :)

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

AngelicaNHG wrote:I play here everyday. To be honest i check many times during the day to see who is on, maybe a couple days a week there is a pk on, and mainly in the evening. I have been here almost 7 years now and NHG has helped more players than any guild on the shard, I sent many players to AoJ after training and grofus will state that this is true. If this new person claims to have been pk'd 30 times even I find that far fetched. Lets face it folks, PK's have been griefing players since beta, it has been part of the game from the beginning. This is not trammel here folks. I cannot count how many times when i started i was constantly pk'd, did i quit ? Absolutely not. This game has and will always be this way, no one is driving people away by pk'ing people, i will tell you what is. It is all the whining and complaining that goes on in discord. No one wants to hear horror stories or whining constantly, that does not make for a good thing either, Instead of constantly whining and downing the shard , How about people try to build it up. If being pk'd is making people quit, then this game nor any other game that has pk's is a game they should even attempt to be playing. Its a damn game folks and being pk'd is all part of the game and has been for many years. There are games far worse for killing than this one :)
Fucking owned!

Grofus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Grofus »

Pking isnt the same as griefing. If someone has been pked 30 times in their first day then that is a targeting griefing, not a healthy pk situation. But why beat a dead horse..... Aside from a few, the remaining populous on uosa likes to shit where they lay. Very self destructive actions constantly, and nobody really listens. The only way to turn uosa around is to create excitement and player run events. Create more fun to outweigh the negative. I dont know if this can be accomplished though, I tried when I played here mainly and got tired of fighting off the wolves, so it is what it is.

EyeOfHorus - Today at 12:03 AM
Grofus is the man tho
Vega - Today at 12:03 AM
^ agreed
we need about 5 more Grofy's on UOSA

:D

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Grofus wrote:Pking isnt the same as griefing. If someone has been pked 30 times in their first day then that is a targeting griefing, not a healthy pk situation. But why beat a dead horse..... Aside from a few, the remaining populous on uosa likes to shit where they lay. Very self destructive actions constantly, and nobody really listens. The only way to turn uosa around is to create excitement and player run events. Create more fun to outweigh the negative. I dont know if this can be accomplished though, I tried when I played here mainly and got tired of fighting off the wolves, so it is what it is.
Annabell's puppeteer appears!

Annabell Red

Post by Annabell Red »

Capitalist wrote:
Grofus wrote:Pking isnt the same as griefing. If someone has been pked 30 times in their first day then that is a targeting griefing, not a healthy pk situation. But why beat a dead horse..... Aside from a few, the remaining populous on uosa likes to shit where they lay. Very self destructive actions constantly, and nobody really listens. The only way to turn uosa around is to create excitement and player run events. Create more fun to outweigh the negative. I dont know if this can be accomplished though, I tried when I played here mainly and got tired of fighting off the wolves, so it is what it is.
A tamed morbidly obese gentlemen shows his considerable face!
Sorry, fixed that for you. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings :)
Last edited by Annabell Red on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Annabell Red wrote:
Capitalist wrote:
A wild fatass appears!
Ban!