UOSA Newsletter/Forum Post News

A place to discuss shard marketing ideas to find players seeking a T2A experience.
Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

UOSA Newsletter/Forum Post News

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Before we do any email blast, we should create a forum sticky that is tailored for 1 type of user specifically: former UOSA players

The topic should include screenshots along with a few paragraphs of text broken down into sections. This thread should work as a "What's new at UOSA" and for the first issue, focus on a brief summary of UOSA in the last 1-2 years. We can talk about what's new in regards to events (Dark Secrets, Gargoyle Wars, Fall Festival), holidays (Halloween 2014, Christmas 2014), in regards to mini-games (Potion Wars, Monster Bash, Secret Agent, Bag Ball), and in regards to community (player ran events, active guilds).

Do we have anyone who would like to contribute to this? I can create a more official outline and I'd love to do active brainstorming, possibly in IRC. We can arrange an IRC meeting to discuss this in a live chat format. It would be really nice to get this done by early October so we can talk about the upcoming Halloween events (trick or treating like past years, Halloween PvP tournament, and a few things I won't mention quite yet)
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: UOSA Newsletter/Forum Post News

Post by Galendae »

Former UOSA player? Don't forget Telamon!

We all take screenies saying "Thanks Telamon" in front of our elite pixels.

Or we could be sarcastic and say" Missing you!".

Thanks
Galendae

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:Before we do any email blast, we should create a forum sticky that is tailored for 1 type of user specifically: former UOSA players

The topic should include screenshots along with a few paragraphs of text broken down into sections. This thread should work as a "What's new at UOSA" and for the first issue, focus on a brief summary of UOSA in the last 1-2 years. We can talk about what's new in regards to events (Dark Secrets, Gargoyle Wars, Fall Festival), holidays (Halloween 2014, Christmas 2014), in regards to mini-games (Potion Wars, Monster Bash, Secret Agent, Bag Ball), and in regards to community (player ran events, active guilds).

Do we have anyone who would like to contribute to this? I can create a more official outline and I'd love to do active brainstorming, possibly in IRC. We can arrange an IRC meeting to discuss this in a live chat format. It would be really nice to get this done by early October so we can talk about the upcoming Halloween events (trick or treating like past years, Halloween PvP tournament, and a few things I won't mention quite yet)
I will pick back up and do recordings of what's going on at Bucs and see if we can't get some more tournaments going.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

I'd like to contribute to the cranky Christmas promotions! But seriously ill help in any way I can.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

WizKid

Post by WizKid »

I am also down to help in any way that I can!
Saber wrote:i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
Saber wrote:garentee'd

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

We have a timeframe on the new website? I'd like to start promoting UOSA at some places.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Abyz wrote:We have a timeframe on the new website? I'd like to start promoting UOSA at some places.
I finished the site in March 2014, I really thought it was going to go live then, then again earlier this year it looked promising, but still no dice. I am not sure what the real hold up is anymore. I know we wanted some more player testimonials, but that was hardly a reason to hold up a launch.

http://ww2.uosecondage.com/
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Abyz wrote:We have a timeframe on the new website? I'd like to start promoting UOSA at some places.
I finished the site in March 2014, I really thought it was going to go live then, then again earlier this year it looked promising, but still no dice. I am not sure what the real hold up is anymore. I know we wanted some more player testimonials, but that was hardly a reason to hold up a launch.

Looks great.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:

Looks great... Anything you need lemme know. We are in a helpful mood... Goal: 1k players on UOSA at peak.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I'll also speak with Anarcho about the possibility of adding a control panel option to receive newsletters and to add an opt-in option when signing up on the forums for that option. That way, we can send out a preliminary e-mail to all accounts alerting them of the opt-in option to receive newsletters (which is a communication of administrative nature), and some period of time afterwards, we can send out the newsletter to all of those with the option to receive the newsletter enabled (a communication that is distinctly not of an administrative nature).
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Downs

Post by Downs »

holy crap get that new site up! it looks great!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Hire this man plz. These are outstanding
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Jay

Post by Jay »

Boomland Jenkins wrote: The topic should include screenshots along with a few paragraphs of text broken down into sections. This thread should work as a "What's new at UOSA" and for the first issue, focus on a brief summary of UOSA in the last 1-2 years. We can talk about what's new in regards to events (Dark Secrets, Gargoyle Wars, Fall Festival), holidays (Halloween 2014, Christmas 2014), in regards to mini-games (Potion Wars, Monster Bash, Secret Agent, Bag Ball), and in regards to community (player ran events, active guilds).
is it possible to have some pvp videos embedded in the email? i like me some pvp vids, and readings hard.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Jay wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote: The topic should include screenshots along with a few paragraphs of text broken down into sections. This thread should work as a "What's new at UOSA" and for the first issue, focus on a brief summary of UOSA in the last 1-2 years. We can talk about what's new in regards to events (Dark Secrets, Gargoyle Wars, Fall Festival), holidays (Halloween 2014, Christmas 2014), in regards to mini-games (Potion Wars, Monster Bash, Secret Agent, Bag Ball), and in regards to community (player ran events, active guilds).
is it possible to have some pvp videos embedded in the email? i like me some pvp vids, and readings hard.
I would take pictures over video for the email. However, it wouldn't be hard to place a link under the image in a short sentence that links to either a YouTube channel or playlist that consists of UOSA specific PvP videos. The section would essentially look like this:

[Some Great Sub-Heading]
[Picture Here]
Check out the latest PvP videos from our community!
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:
Jay wrote:
I would take pictures over video for the email. However, it wouldn't be hard to place a link under the image in a short sentence that links to either a YouTube channel or playlist that consists of UOSA specific PvP videos. The section would essentially look like this:

[Some Great Sub-Heading]
[Picture Here]
Check out the latest PvP videos from our community!
Boom for Prez.