Video tutorials

A place to discuss shard marketing ideas to find players seeking a T2A experience.
Dunder Mifflin Inc

Video tutorials

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

I think someone should make a bunch of video tutorials on how to play the game. How to get started. How to build skills. How to use razor. Where to go in game to get around.

This is how people learn in 2015. Scanning through the forum and trying to find good information is not effective for someone that has never played this game before.

Chicanery

Re: Video tutorials

Post by Chicanery »

i don't want to troll this thread because it's a good idea, but bro... Give credit where it's due.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Chicanery wrote:Give credit where it's due.

huh??

Downs

Post by Downs »

Bazookas have a few instructional videos floating around on YouTube.

it's a really good idea though, some how to's on game mechanics, pvp strategy, etc.

If we make a database of it, along with twitch streams/podcasts, we can plug it on whatever relevant messageboards
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

This is a great idea. We have a channel, I will dig up access to it. If someone wants to help with this, I'd participate if necessary. I just can't spearhead it.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

First time I ever logged into UO I had only 10 strength which was not enough to carry the items that I started with.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

This one seems pretty instructional... maybe it should be included too? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiUqVU8O8Ho&app=desktop
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

I'd be happy to volunteer to make a series of videos for the following topics...

1. A brief explanation of what Ultima Online is all about and how to download/install the game.

2. The purpose of each file in the folder, initial log-in and basic setup features on UOAM/Razor.

3. How to find and interact with players via Forums and IRC.

4. Character creation, the pro's of each start up city and different scenarios based on character development paths.

5. The basics of interaction with NPC's/Banks and Animals in town.

6. What to expect and how to prepare for their first venture into the wilderness.

7. Making the choice of becoming a hermit or interacting with others to eventually join a guild.

I think the rest they should figure out on their own to get the full experience, or by this time they would have made enough friends to survive and learn.

Two things I need to begin this venture, recommendations of what program I should use to make said videos and limited access to an official UOSA youtube channel to post the videos.

We can get creative with how to advertise the channel there after.

What say you?
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Gluttony

Post by Gluttony »

SirEricKain wrote:I'd be happy to volunteer to make a series of videos for the following topics...

1. A brief explanation of what Ultima Online is all about and how to download/install the game.

2. The purpose of each file in the folder, initial log-in and basic setup features on UOAM/Razor.

3. How to find and interact with players via Forums and IRC.

4. Character creation, the pro's of each start up city and different scenarios based on character development paths.

5. The basics of interaction with NPC's/Banks and Animals in town.

6. What to expect and how to prepare for their first venture into the wilderness.

7. Making the choice of becoming a hermit or interacting with others to eventually join a guild.

I think the rest they should figure out on their own to get the full experience, or by this time they would have made enough friends to survive and learn.

Two things I need to begin this venture, recommendations of what program I should use to make said videos and limited access to an official UOSA youtube channel to post the videos.

We can get creative with how to advertise the channel there after.

What say you?
Cough pirate "fraps" cough but if you're against being smart, use hypercam

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Gluttony wrote:
I prefer using OBS. It's lightweight and the file sizes are small. There's also lots of tutorials available on how to set it up for low-mid powered computers. It's also great for streaming.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Gluttony

Post by Gluttony »

Narcissic wrote:
Gluttony wrote:
I prefer using OBS. It's lightweight and the file sizes are small. There's also lots of tutorials available on how to set it up for low-mid powered computers. It's also great for streaming.
I was unaware of this program, hell I might start recording if it'll run on my computer