Community de-velopment

A place to discuss shard marketing ideas to find players seeking a T2A experience.
Dunder Mifflin Inc

Community de-velopment

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

It would open up more housing spots for new players if we removed all of the player run town addons that are no longer player ran.

This could also encourage people to form their own great towns to get their own addons.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Community de-velopment

Post by inkognito »

I believe there needs to be a clear guideline on these add ons also. For as long as I played here, the idea and philosophy behind granting and deconstructing these gm pixels has been nebulous at best.
Giving players a clear process in which these can be obtained and taken away will encourage guilds and groups of players to be driven to a goal. A reason for groups of players to grow their numbers and recruit(outside potential long term gamers as well as short term ingame lone wolves who can get bored and leave for lack of engagement)
Right now they are just asked to be apart of the community in a positive way for X number of time.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Kaivan said that there would be no new addons... shortly before there was a bunch of new addons.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

everytime i saw an add-on it was placed where a house wouldn't go. Usually like a road in front of a house within the 5 tiles. or a lamp in the same position. Do you have an example of some player town add-ons that are currently blocking a house?
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:everytime i saw an add-on it was placed where a house wouldn't go. Usually like a road in front of a house within the 5 tiles. or a lamp in the same position. Do you have an example of some player town add-ons that are currently blocking a house?

ACE Arena, where my house on OSI was located!

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Drunk'n Disorder wrote:everytime i saw an add-on it was placed where a house wouldn't go. Usually like a road in front of a house within the 5 tiles. or a lamp in the same position. Do you have an example of some player town add-ons that are currently blocking a house?

ACE Arena, where my house on OSI was located!

LOL, one of the few town-add ons in heavy use. you are right, that blocks housing, but at the same time i don't think that spot will draw in new players all by itself. Don't get me wrong, I see you point, I just don't think lack of available spots is currently keeping players away. I've seen keeps get sold for deed + small deed and I even dropped several large houses (including two different keeps) within the past few months.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Going back to your OP though, I do agree with you. It would be cool to see a process for new add-ons and maybe see some old unused ones erased.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Capitalist wrote:Kaivan said that there would be no new addons... shortly before there was a bunch of new addons.
Could you point out the town add-ons that were introduced after the general stoppage of new add-ons? I'd like to investigate why these add-ons were introduced if this is the case.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

inkognito wrote:I believe there needs to be a clear guideline on these add ons also. For as long as I played here, the idea and philosophy behind granting and deconstructing these gm pixels has been nebulous at best.
Giving players a clear process in which these can be obtained and taken away will encourage guilds and groups of players to be driven to a goal. A reason for groups of players to grow their numbers and recruit(outside potential long term gamers as well as short term ingame lone wolves who can get bored and leave for lack of engagement)
Right now they are just asked to be apart of the community in a positive way for X number of time.
This entire post is bang on. I can't wait to see a new system put into place, one that as you said, gives players a clear process in which these things can be obtained and taken away.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Towns should cost gold to maintain and auto withdrawn from a players bank. These things shouldn't be free and shouldn't be a fixed cost. Same rules should apply and they should have to be an established guild that is extremely active.

Examples:

Each NPC costs 500 gold/day
Every tile of a structure costs 100 gold/day
Each deco item costs 100 gold/day

You get the picture

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

I'm willing to pay any fee to have a stable in our town. Plz?
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

WarmApplepie wrote:I'm willing to pay any fee to have a stable in our town. Plz?
25 silver per week. (Ingame week)
Get to work!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation