Guild of Eternal Shadow

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Guild of Eternal Shadow

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Keen notified his troops in Britain about the situation. They will begin retaking rogue outposts over the next few days. Adventurers should be especially careful when traveling in wilderness regions unoccupied by Lord British's guards.

Meanwhile, over at the Guild of Eternal Shadow, Lord Martin and his associates sit safely in their throne room at the Granite Castle.

This September will bring a massive multi-day battle similar to the Showdown with McPry event earlier this year. Players will be encouraged to join Order or Chaos for the event.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I have been away for a long time. Where doth thy journey to find the evil enemy.

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

Mens Rea wrote:I have been away for a long time. Where doth thy journey to find the evil enemy.
Gaze south towards the whining cavern and follow your "line of sight".
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

Random Chaos guards are now spawning around Britain (haven't searched other areas yet).

They'll randomly attack whoever and guards can be called on them but be careful not to attack the Chaos guards while they are still blue (like I did and get Guardwhacked) Wait til they are grey.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I still can't find any of the adventure

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Mens Rea wrote:I still can't find any of the adventure
Adventure has been found!

Lord Blackthorn's Army and the Guild have taken over the Bloody Plains crossroads. If you're a resident of these parts, be on high alert for the next few days.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

Where do the Urks allegiance lie? surely they'll defend their fort from this new evil and join force with LB?

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

alas, the urks have been long gone retired.
I think there are a few lingering around but its up to the current population to keep the movement going.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Smithy stole a rune from an ES character to the granite castle sewers

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

it comes off as a little ridiculous when you put up NPCs with neon sandals that other players, not myself, will never have access to. Then tone down rewards to 1 silver on many scheduled events, and twist my arm about player turn out and other rules in order to receive a fun prize, as opposed to 3 mil in deeds, for a large player run event. You also bless everything and clearly work hard to make sure players have no angle to get certain things that are clearly desirable to people.

What's up with that?

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

This isn't part of the story

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

Successfully completed what i set out for, killed event Mobs!

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Taboo, something tells me you had an interesting night based on your post here and your PM to me. Below are some clarifications for you.
Taboo wrote:it comes off as a little ridiculous when you put up NPCs with neon sandals that other players, not myself, will never have access to. Then tone down rewards to 1 silver on many scheduled events
Derrick changed event rewards years ago, before the events were disabled. Events with small turnouts provide silver coins instead of trophies. Anyway, we brought the automated events back recently, which effectively has created a whole new (old, but it's been several years) option for current players to earn silver. Pair that up with the fact that there's almost always some type of PVM event spawn with a chance to drop silver, trophies, and hued cloth.
Taboo wrote: and twist my arm about player turn out and other rules in order to receive a fun prize, as opposed to 3 mil in deeds, for a large player run event.
Any player run event receiving Staff assistance has to follow a certain process. Such as all players having an opportunity to attend (with option to ban troublemakers from the event). For any event I've assisted with, I have provided basic requirements in order to receive GM assistance (this being temporary Event decor or rewards).

Better turnout = better rewards. Why? Because it gives you an incentive to promote it further, it gets (some) players excited to tell their friends, and it prevents the event runner from rigging the system. Anyway, regarding your event, this is not the place to discuss it further. Your thread, or IRC would be a great place to continue the conversation if you'd like.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

And now - back to the Guild of Eternal Shadow! :)

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Mens Rea wrote:And now - back to the Guild of Eternal Shadow! :)
Indeed! The event rides on today and will continue until the forces of Order can overthrow the Guild and Chaos army.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Return to “Shard Events”