The Gargoyle War

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Gargoyle War

Post by inkognito »

So a deed dropped on a fire breathing gargoyle today and disappeared when I tried to loot it. Was that some left over April fools prank?

Ah ha!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62583

I see. Very brutal to leave it there on April second. Luckily I didn't even see what the deed was so i wasn't trolled too hard. Sneaky sneaky nonetheless.

Anyhow, the human forces seem to be stomping out these small gargoyle incursions very reliably. I hope we soon see a sliver of the true extent of drax's power. My spies have yet to uncover any groundbreaking intel on this menacing enemy's strength and weaknesses.

I heard rumors there are certain gargoyles that have been breeding special serpents from test subjects they captured around the valor shrine. Pray they don't unleash these hordes of serpent pets to augment their invading forces upon the shrine!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Pixelclicker

Post by Pixelclicker »

So tonight I was chasing a gargoyle all over Valor island. He never stopped to cast an offensive spell, he just ran and ran and ran. I'll bet he'd have run all the way to Skara Brae had we not been on an island. I think the gargoyle's name was "Malice" or something.

Anyway, at one point I noticed a roll of parchment he had keister-stashed fell out on the bank. As the poop-stained parchment unfurled, it revealed the gargoyle's next target: Serpent's Hold!
Attachments
Apollo_4-2_22.38.jpg
<@BoomlandJenkins> I got home, got on UO right away and I knew something was up before I even made it to the spawner, because there were 35+ in the Justice woods and not one person was PKing one another.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

The Gargoyles have migrated away from the Shrine of Valor. A fisherman arrived at the shores of Serpent's Hold with an update on their location. Apparently there are holding the entrance to the lost lands, slaughtering any merchants who try to pass through.

Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I decided to investigate the happenings of Temple Island... At this time there are a decent amount of gargoyles on the island, Scouts, Warlords, Taskmasters, Enforcers, Bowmen, Fire Breathers, and a few other types I'm sure...

Their numbers are not large, as I was able to dispatch them with my grand master Barding skill, although few of them seemed to be immune to the beat of my drum. So far I've noticed that the Taskmasters and Warlords cannot be persuaded to attack their own.

After surveying the land I discovered some hell wood! I found it on a dock the gargoyles constructed...

It would also seem that they are planning to travel the seas soon.... Many boats are being prepared for war!

Good luck my fellow wizards!

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Rose wrote:I decided to investigate the happenings of Temple Island... At this time there are a decent amount of gargoyles on the island, Scouts, Warlords, Taskmasters, Enforcers, Bowmen, Fire Breathers, and a few other types I'm sure...

Their numbers are not large, as I was able to dispatch them with my grand master Barding skill, although few of them seemed to be immune to the beat of my drum. So far I've noticed that the Taskmasters and Warlords cannot be persuaded to attack their own.

After surveying the land I discovered some hell wood! I found it on a dock the gargoyles constructed...

It would also seem that they are planning to travel the seas soon.... Many boats are being prepared for war!

Why would they need boats? don't gargoyles fly?
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Rose wrote:I decided to investigate the happenings of Temple Island... At this time there are a decent amount of gargoyles on the island, Scouts, Warlords, Taskmasters, Enforcers, Bowmen, Fire Breathers, and a few other types I'm sure...

A quick note on taskmasters.
Taskmaster were indeed vulnerable to bard skills until around 9am central I noticed. It was odd, but when I first visited the island just an hour or so earlier, they most definitely could be provoked unto others. Never seen these type yet in our war against these winged demons. I wonder if they play a role in the next clue. There drop table seems to be of normal gargoyles.

and kudos to gms for the "gargoyle trap" just thru the T2A teleporter. I don't think they spawn there now, but minutes after the motd was updated I stepped thru the teleporter and there were atleast 20 regular gargoyles waiting for me. Awesome time when the spawn timer isn't halted to a trickle.
Inkognito●GM Provocation

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Great spawn. Good player interaction and some good fun at temple island. Great job!
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Serpent's Hold has been invaded.

Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

LORD CORPSE

Post by LORD CORPSE »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:Serpent's Hold has been invaded.

Fun event, Thanks.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Not to complain but would be awesome to have it extend through Sunday.. seems sort of odd to have an invasion and defeat in one day (unless we are really that good at killing gargs)
Plus it would afford opportunity for people that couldn't logon Saturday.. Just sayin..

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I couldn't get on Saturday, but it's ok. Being a bard everyone gets the silver from my Provo's anyway, heh heh. I just couldn't help keep people safe.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Deyash

Post by Deyash »

that was fun but a little sort indeed. With 2 PKs raising the bar hehehe

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Some invasions last a few hours, some last an entire day, some stretch multiple days. This invasion started at the Shrine of Valor near the beginning of April, moved to Temple Island for a few more days, and finally to Serpent's Hold this past Saturday. Each event within this storyline varies.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Deyash

Post by Deyash »

And its really cool. It makes me remember the factions war star. Thank you very much :)

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I thirst for more gargoyle blood. I'm Terrible at unearthing these clues though. Someone more capable than i trigger some more spawns please! I'll pay you...

in gargoyle blooood
Inkognito●GM Provocation