Dark Secrets

A collection and archive of non-player ran, Shard Events.
Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Dark Secrets

Post by Soma »

After finding the entrance to the storage facility, a note was left by the brewmaster...

Scouring across Nujel'm, I found the hand inside the Palace...

He mentioned something about the true King... Searching further I found the Knight located near the chessboard...

The Knight also mentioned something about a true king...

Lastly the Pirate Captain offered me a quest to feed his starving crew!

Who knows where this true king is now...

Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Pegleg's crew has been fed but now Patrick needs your help repairing his ship. You can find him on the docks at different parts of the day. His crew and pirate flag are there all day, so you'll know you're in the correct place if you see them.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Does this mean the quest is no longer?

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Myrnae wrote:Does this mean the quest is no longer?
His crew has been fed, but the Captain is requesting more assistance from players and is offering up a very similar reward.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

I know but my OCD demands I do all quests :)

Markus

Post by Markus »

EDITED: This was posted on page 3 by Bixby already. Nevertheless, my screenshot shows a little more about Mouth Ralph, the npc there. See the screenshot for what he says. Note: If you double click the bottle of mead, the map to "the library of Frozen Knowledge" appears. Thank you, Downs, for pointing out my error. I was too hasty yesterday.
Attachments
NtP.jpg
Last edited by Markus on Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Markus wrote:I believe I found a previously undisclosed portion of Dark Secrets. At the Nujel'm palace, there is a guy named Mouth Ralph next to a half-empty bottle of mead. See the screenshot for what he says. Note: If you double click the bottle of mead, a map appears. What could this map signify?

Already done like 3 pages ago
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Severity

Post by Severity »

The object in the bag is called a jug of mead.

Here is the completed quest:

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Cultists are gathering in Nujelm praising "Nate the Creator of Mead" and are making threats of the town perishing into the seas!
We are too late they say!

They say we should fear The Prophet more than Gargoyles!

EDIT: ITS THE MEAD!! The Cultists have been brainwashed by Nate's Mead!
They are setting fire to buildings!
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Upon hearing of the strange events occurring in Nujelm, I decided to pay a visit to see with mine own eyes the madness that hath befallen Nujelm. I used my master of the powers of magic to transport myself there and upon my arrival, mine eyes and ears were assaulted by the residents gathering 'round kegs of mead and chanting Nate's name.

Despite the risk of approaching the residents in their frenzied state, I decided for the better of Britainnia that it would be best for someone to hide amongst the roaring crowd and assume the identity of a follower. I joined in the chanting and it wasn't long before a fellow wizard approached me asking of news. Not wanting to surrender my disguise, I continued chanting Nate's name like one of his brainwashed followers.

This man seemed to understand what was necessary to avoid provoking the crowd and joined me for some time in chanting his name. These people seem to believe that Nate is the King of Time. A Knight named Byron hath sworn to protect Nate at all costs, even at the risk of his own life. I will report back again when I have discovered more. I bid thee farewell.

'Tis Kyrie again! I went to visit the courts and to my surprise, the doors were locked. Using my expertise of the magical arts, I managed to transport myself through the very walls of the building and speak to a prisoner. He told me he was drinking at the Mystical Spirits before he woke up in jail. He was kind enough to give me directions and off I went. I just knew there had to be some correlation between Nate's special mead and the villager's attitude. Where better to brew and serve it than a mystical tavern? Upon entering the building, I peeked a look into a small notebook sitting on a desk when the brewmaster wasn't looking. I quickly memorized the words and now I share them with you my fellow Britainians.

What could this mean? How many others are involved in Nate's plot?

The brewmaster discovered my presence while in the act of snooping and requested that I leave. Annoyed but unwilling to have the guard's called on me, I left only to turn a corner and concentrate my magical energies into transporting myself through the wall again. Sitting on the bar was a keg of Nate's famous mead. Have I discovered the location where it is being brewed? What on earth do these peasants have to gain by helping Nate? What IS Nate's plan?!

Here is a magical painting of the mead that I discovered.

Alas, I have discovered that my findings in this tavern are rather late to be mentioned and have already been discovered by other great wizards whose power outweighs even my own. Tis an embarrassment and shameful that I was unable to procure new information. But just you wait, my fellow wizards! I shall return with new information that none other than I know.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

My fellow wizards, I believe I have found something new to add to the table. Along with a keg of Nate's famous mead, I found Gerald and Raquel. They claimed to be locals and spoke nicely of the island. They found the green gardens of the palace strange and spoke of an underground passage or cavern that draws ice cold water to the island.

Icey... cold... Hm...

I have recorded the conversation for future reference below.

Alas, this led to the Library Hidden in Ice which has already been covered. I'm a failure as a wizard and as a servant of our King.

While I'm probably just grasping at strings, I don't remember there being so many wooden posts and rocks in the water surrounding the island. Probably just me though.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Feels good to get some play time.

I read up on the storyline and proceeded to walk through Nujelm, and to my dismay I am finding random groups of NPC's DEAD!! Does Nate's mead affect these people first by mind control, and then the toxins within kill them? We have to stop this or else Nujelm will perish! I think these cultists are trying to get the townspeople to commit mass suicide!! Isn't that what cult leaders and cultists do??

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

I like an old cultist murder mystery as much as the next wizard. But yeah...umm...lemme know when monsters start spawning. :wink: :lol:
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Myrnae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Myrnae »

Yeah would be great to get some event time in this weekend before I start work Monday.

Deyash

Post by Deyash »

Nujelm's on fire!!!
Attachments
Nujelm's on fire.PNG
Nujelm's on fire.PNG