IV. Shop Information

V. Contact

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Guild Information

Post by jekkis »

History

In the year 352 a group of local merchants from the Miners of Britain banded together with other merchants and organized the Provisioners of Britain. The guild set up a council of three and hired vendors. The newly set council outlined guild policies loosely based on the former policies of the Miners of Britain. Later due to the members' desire to better reflect both their origins and the goods they provided, they decided that it was more appropriate to rename the guild, resulting in the Merchants of Britain. As the guild expanded further, another name change took place and the guild became known as Merchants of Britannia, since it would better represent the services being offered across the realm.

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

About Us

Within the capital city of Britannia, there is a world of difference between those who simply gather resources to buy and sell locally, and those who craft items and hire vendors to work for them in regional markets. A group of local merchants and retailers now offer a place for all types of traders: miners, scribes, alchemists, fishermen, peddlers of all types, and even dealers in second-hand goods who typically would sell items only to the town and environs. Now these merchants have an opportunity to expand their customer base and reach into the farthest cities of Britannia.

The Merchants of Britannia also offer a place where merchants can find a wealth of information from bettering their skills to a establishing connections with a wide network of traders, helping each other become more successful in the land of Britannia. All members work together and help each other succeed in their trade. Members do more than just concentrate on sales: we gather and share resources together, collaborate to support the guild finances, manage shared assets, and organize social events from official guild meetings to public events directed to the entire population of Britannia to enjoy.

We encourage and support each other to run at least one vendor at our guild shops. However, we understand the concept of free market economy and do not limit any opportunities for fair trade: members are free to use their skills and sell their goods wherever they choose, as long as they remain within some mutually agreed policies, most notably concerning running a legit, scam-free business.

As a guild of merchants, we are particularly looking for individuals who possess any of the various trade skills or otherwise endeavour in any fair trade activities.

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Guild Organization

Ranks & Policies

Our policies can be debated in an open forum during guild meetings at the guild hall. Any guild member may request a guild meeting, and a meeting will be scheduled by the Alderman. A vote may be called after open discussion has ended. Either the Guildmaster or the Alderman must be present to pass a vote. If neither is available and they are informed of a vote prior to the meeting, they may select a trustee to be their representative in the meeting. All members are eligible to vote on guild policies. Policies may be changed or enacted without a vote by the Guildmaster. However, these changes can be overturned in a vote and the resulting policy will be upheld in good faith by all members.

Guildmaster and Alderman are chosen through an election and leaders will honor elections in good faith. Guildmaster elections will be done by secret ballot and votes shall be counted by the Alderman. Alderman elections will be done by secret ballot and votes shall be counted by the Guildmaster. The leadership positions may only be changed under extenuating circumstances as determined by a guild vote or when a new leader is forced (fealty seizure or vacancy appointment). These positions should only be changed as a last resort.

Other than the two aforementioned leadership positions, there are no ranks in the Merchants of Britannia. However, full loyalty and respect to the guild and its leaders are expected. Members are expected to serve the guild name, not just their own. Regardless of there being no ranks, the amount of responsibility between members differs: some are tasked with taking care of guild assets, overseeing our shops, organizing events, or making guild policy decisions. These responsibilities are not forced on anyone and prior consultation with the member in question is always required. New ranks are created only when it is deemed necessary: a small guild doesn't need multiple levels of leadership, while a larger one may benefit from delegation of power.

All characters are granted the title of Council initially to signify their non-voting (or assistant) status in the guild. While all characters are encouraged to attend meetings. High Council members are expected to attend guild meetings, votings etc. official matters with this character.

Currently we've granted three special titles, which come with no special privileges but rather indicate the contributions and responsibility of their holder:

Innkeeper - responsible for guild structures
Reveller - responsible for organizing and leading adventures/events
Laborer - responsible for keeping the guild well stocked with resources

We do not have a lot of rules, but expect you to follow the few we have. Here are our policies regarding PKing, griefing, stealing and scamming:

PKing

By PKing we refer to murdering or non-consensual PvP. Consensual PvP is supported and the guild encourages you to have skills on your crafters so that you can defend yourself from aggressors, thieves, griefers and other suspicious characters.

The following policy applies to your guilded characters and as for unguilded characters, you are to not involve the MoB name in any manner to the murderous activities you embark on - this includes PKing guildies.

If you are caught PKing and we receive a complaint paired with evidence it is very likely you will be removed from the guild. We have a zero tolerance policy on PKing. However, if you have a good reason for PKing the guild will stand behind your actions and support you, but please keep your PKing/PvP to yourself as much as you can. We prefer to be focused on being merchants.

Here are some examples of what is OK and what is not OK:

OK to PK
"This is our road/fort/town/etc., give us tribute!" (roleplaying)
"Arr, hand over your booty! We're pirates!" (roleplaying)
"Hey I don't like this person they are/were a douchebag so I killed them..." (legitimate grudge)
"They robbed/PK'd me when I last saw them." (self-defense)
"Hey this person griefed me last time I was at this spot so I'm trying to defend myself and define a boundary for what I find acceptable." (self-defense)
"Hey this person has a red PKer alt and they are blue scouting my farming spot so I PK'd them." (self-defense)

Not OK to PK
"I went out to PK everyone I saw for loot." (totally random acts of murder)
"I was bored and I wanted to PvP so I killed everyone I ran into." (totally random acts of murder)

The examples above do not cover everything, so use your judgement.

Stealing

We are not a guild of thieves. No thieves are allowed in our guild. Ever. Period. If you want to steal on your other characters that is your business. If we get complaints from other people that you are stealing their things and selling them, or selling them things and stealing them back, there is a good chance you will be removed from the guild. Should you pursue any thieving activities on an alt, do not involve the name of your MoB characters or the guild name to these in any manner.

Griefing

Griefing is a complex subject. If you are griefing someone without a good reason and we get a complaint, we will try to do our best to use a neutral person to act as a neutral third party to resolve the issue fairly between the two parties. If you do not agree with the outcome of the arbritration and act in good faith to resolve the issue, you will be removed from the guild. Due to the complex nature of the subject, we act in this manner as we want to understand the reasons behind these acts: what might seem like a good reason to you isn't a reason good enough for the guild.

Scamming

Scamming will result in an instant removal from the guild and your re-admittance will be dependant on investigating the matter. Briefly: do not scam, also be honest and trustworthy 100% of the time and there will never be any questions about your reputation. If you need help with a trade ask someone in guild to help you or find someone reputable to broker your trade.

Follow safe trading practices.

1. Check area with Reveal
2. Make sure other people aren't around for heavy trades
3. Trade with people who keep their characters at positive karma
4. Keep your character at positive karma
5. Take screenshots

Societies

Being a merchant means you can possess a very diverse range of skills. The different societies within our guild represent the members who've their proven mastery of a certain skill. They are not intended as ranks, but rather as a way to recognize members whenever you have a question regarding a certain skill, whether it is related to skill gain, running a successful vendor or notifying the right person of a possible transaction.

To become a member of a society is also to take more responsibility: you are trusted upon to guide new members, communicate with clients, and promote the craftmanship of your associated society, whether it is for your own sales or for the community respect. A society representative could be considered something of a counselor (regarding a certain skill). The prerequisite for joining a society is GM'ing a skill it is associated with. If you have multiple GM'd skills, please consider carefully which society you would best represent: we do not want to stress our members with too much responsibilities: you are not expected to give advice on every single skill or fulfill every single order.

The Chemist and Alchemical Society (Alchemy/Poisoning)

The Chemist and Alchemical Society builds a community of alchemists that reflects both the physical and mental strength of our members. In addition, our society aims to promote the highest standards as well as awareness and interest in alchemy and the chemical professions.

Association of Metallurgy and Mining (Mining)

The role of the Association of Metallurgy and Mining is to meet the highest standards of metallurgical processing. We also meet the professional needs of our members and clients whose field of interest or profession includes the gathering of fine metals. The society also promotes the profile of the trade in the community in general.

Custom Tailors and Designers Coalition (Tailoring)

We show the differences between the good and the best and the difference between the artist and the artisan. Our designs promote creativity and those who wear them exemplify our talents. It is the little touches on our fashion and designs that show our artistic mastery of the trade. Our role is to provide the finest clothing to customers while safely guarding our trade secrets. No order is too small or to big, we are always ready to proudly serve our clients.

Blacksmithing and Metalworking Society (Blacksmithing/Tinkering)

The Blacksmithing and Metalworking Society is the pre-eminent metalworkers' organization in Britannia. We have more blacksmiths and tinkers than any other society and all meet the very highest standards of metalworking. We meet the professional needs of members, their friends, clients, and other associates who require the use of finely worked metal. We constantly strive for the highest excellence in both the quality of our craftsmanship as well as the aesthetic needs of our clients without fail.

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Shop Information

All members are encouraged to run a vendor either on their own or in one of the locations our guild is associated with. We are currently strongly associated with two locations: Fit's Shoppe north east of the Hammer & Anvil in Britain, and the Bank N' Buy at Empath Abbey, which is not owned by us.

the Yew Gate Market, which is ran and owned solely by MoB members and the Bank N' Buy at Empath Abbey, which is not owned by us but largely managed by MoB members.

jekkis
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by jekkis »

Contact the High Council

Main Character (MoB Alts) - Forums - IRC - Timezone (*) - Status:

dvs - dvs- dvs - CST - Guildmaster

Fit (Adriana, Giles, Jasper, Shilugu) - dren - dren - EST (3pm) - Alderman

Axewell (Axewell, Marinus of Tyre, Steve Perry) - fox_phyre - fox_phyre - EST (irc mornings and in game evenings) - Reveller

DaVinci - SariahTheBard- SariahTheBard - EST - High Council

Scooby (Scooby) - Scooby187- Scooby - EST - High Council

Myg - testuseraccount - Myg #2 - GMT - High Council

MistyRayne - ? - MistyRayne- CST - Innkeeper

Existing / pending data
orevamp

* Best time to contact player.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

This page is still maintained by myself and the guildmaster.

If you are wanting to join MoB High Council please PM a list to dren on forums with the following:

1. Main Crafter/Laborer Character
2. MoB Alts
3. Other Alts (not listed)
4. Forums ID
5. Best Time/ Timezone
6. What do you want to do in MoB? e.g. Vendoring, town sales, in guild sales, bulk sales, brokering?
7. Do you have a unique contribution to offer? If so please explain.

All above is required for High Council. Once you have completed this the guildmaster will be able to update your title.