Magic Weapon/Item Prices

Moderators: dvs, dren

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Magic Weapon/Item Prices

Post by dren »

I noticed only one person in guild is selling magic weapons now.

I believe we have magic weapons spots in Britain, Yew, and Minoc at least...

Price estimates I use for fencing weaps... (BTW these are vendor prices not forum prices, if you want to sell individually on forum and you've got some +25 power/vanq you may very well get more - or less - these prices I use are priced to move items quickly)
dren wrote: (my avg prices for spears/fencing weapons)
(lower just because i'm not a huge fan personally, u maybe will use table below this one for your fencing weapons)
vanq = 2k, +5 each level 2k (+3k for +15-+25?)
power = 1k +5 each level 1k (+2k for +15-+25?)
force = 300 +5 each level 300 (+1k for +15-+25?)
might = 150 +5 each level 150 (+500 for +15-+25?)

e.g. +25 vanq short spear 12k, +10 force long spear ~1k

(my avg prices for short spear/kryss/warfork/fencing weapons)
vanq = 2.5k, +5 each level 2.5k (+5k for +15-+25?)
power = 2k +5 each level 1k (+2k for +15-+25?)
force = 500 +5 each level 500 (+1k for +15-+25?)
might = 150 +5 each level 150 (+500 for +15-+25?)

e.g. +25 vanq kryss 20k, +10 force war fork 1.5k

Tactics does modify damage so keep this in mind when pricing, sometimes I add a little here or remove a bit where I feel it's appropriate. I think 50 tactics = 100% Base damage, 100 tactics = 150% Base damage so you can do the math there...

I occasionally use these pages when pricing weapons -
http://www.uosecondage.com/stratics/arms.html
http://noctalis.com/dis/uo/wea-wea.shtml

I do take into account base damage if it is a weapon I'm less familiar with..

I also add 2k per level for any silver weapon, plus 1-2k for it being silver.

Daemons breath 50-500gp depending on how desirable weapon is.
Thunder 100-500gp same as above.
Ghouls touch I don't sell, but I"d say start at a minimum of 500gp/chg these are nasty on a fencer.

Occasionally I'll price 20-50% off and sell out, I don't like having things hang around on my vendors forever...
Some recent general pricing for magic weapons...
MatronDeWinter wrote:
Supply Captain wrote:Hello fellow Sosarians,
I was needing a price check on certain items and the average rate of cost. I know items vary a great deal depending on the combination of abilities but I was wanting to know the avg rate someone would pay if a particular item had that ability.

I am trying to combine a formula to help me calculate the cost of certain items despite the actual weapon or armor type.

Cost per magic charge (weapons/armor/clothes/jewelry)
Burning Not much, 10gp a charge maybe (magic arrow right)
Daemon's Breath , 50gp per charge (if this is fireball)
Dragon's Breath 50gp (fireball)
Evil (essentially undesirable, only serves to indicate the unused status of the weapon)
Feeblemind see above
Ghoul's Touch Very nice, 200gp or more per charge, and 500gp a charge for desirable weapon types
Mage's Bane this never works, essentially trash.
Spell Reflection 350-550 gp a charge, depending on charges per item and item type
Thunder, 50-70gp per charge, can be 150+ if it's a desirable weapon type
Weakness like feeblemind
Wounding 20gp or so, useful for thwarting MR.

You forgot:
Invisibility 350-500 per charge depending on item type and quantity of charges
Teleport 500 to 1000 per charge depending on charges on ring.

Base Price Weapons
Vanquishing GM + 10000 and GM + 20-50k depending on tactics mod for desirable weapon types
Power GM + 2000 and GM + 7-15k depending on tactics mod for desirable...
Force GM + 1000 and GM + 4-6k depending on tactics mod for desirable...
Might GM + 500

You forgot tactics modifiers
I would calculate these last once you know the item subtotal, just add on X percent to the item cost, where X is the amount of tactics gained by equipping the weapon.
+5
+10
+15
+20
+25

Base Price Armor
Invulnerability +2000 per piece if it's plate, or dex suit, +700 for stud leather, + 400 all else
Fortification Invuln cost - 40%
Hardening Fort cost - 50%
Guarding smelt it

Feel free to chime in with your pricing/pricing formula. Hopefully this will make it easier for newer guildies to start up a couple magic weapon/item vendors / get rid of your magic stuff you don't want...
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Caliban

Re: Magic Weapon/Item Prices

Post by Caliban »

The formulae I've seen are all too generic, pricing is very much weapon specific. A +25 Maul of Vanq might go for 10k whereas a +25 Hally of Vanq might go for 150k.

Perhaps if we tried to divide all the weapons up into categories, and then come up with a formula for each of those categories

This is my first try at dividing them up, I'm sure there are plenty of people with more experience of weapon sales than me who can adjust these lists

1: Halberd
2: War Axe, War Mace, Bardiche, Katana, Kryss
3: Heavy Xbow, Hammer Pick, Mace, Short Spear, Spear, War Fork, Q Staff, Broad Sword, Cutlass, Longsword, Scimitar
4: All 2-H Axes (except Hatchet), Bow, Crossbow, Dagger, Club, Maul, Black Staff, Gnarled Staff, Viking Sword, War Hammer
5: Hatchet, Pickaxe, Butcher Knife, Cleaver, Skinning Knife, Smith's Hammer, Pitchfork, Shepherd's Crook

Edit: Also we need to be wary of inflation, prices have gone up just in the short time I've been around (since June). If you compare threads on power/vanq hallies prices have probably doubled in the last year. Gold doesn't leave the UO economy to any great degree so prices will continue to go up.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Very good points Cali
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Caliban

Post by Caliban »

There is a +25 vanq bardiche for sale, no bids so far. It does about the same damage as a +25 force hally*, one of which recently sold for 40k, so I'm amazed no one has made an offer. Just goes to show how difficult it is to judge prices, and that popularity doesn't necessarily follow on from the stats of a weapon.

* The hally does average base damage of 27 and max of 49, bardiche 24 and 43

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Halberds sell for more than Bardiches because a Hally weighs more than 10 stone and cannot be stolen by a thief. :)

Whoa, I just checked:
Hallys weigh 16 stone!
Bardys weigh 7 stone.
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Caliban

Post by Caliban »

I guess the fact they're unstealable would increase the value a fair bit, on the other hand I expect they're often used in server wars and events where they can't be lost anyway.

Orphea

Post by Orphea »

Normal Economy was on 2011 :)