In study of the arcane arts: the dark and light spells

Topics related to Second Age
Paladin Molly

In study of the arcane arts: the dark and light spells

Post by Paladin Molly »

Journal of Paladin Molly

Undated Entry

Since arriving in this world, I quickly discovered how vital the arcane arts are to the day to day living here. At first I was hesitant to associate with "Magic", as I could already tell that many spells were evil.

I resigned myself to better understand them, and I was reassured that many of the spells do serve the virtues quite well. After much study and deliberation, I have found that of the 64 spells, exactly half can be considered Virtuous, while the other 32 are corrupt.

For future consideration, these are the 32 spells I recommend for a Paladin's spellbook:

Level 1: Create Food, Heal, Night Sight, Reactive Armor
Level 2: Agility, Cunning, Cure, Magic Trap, Magic Untrap, Protection, Strength
Level 3: Bless, Magic Lock, Teleport, Unlock, Wall of Stone
Level 4: Arch Cure, Arch Protection, Greater Cure, Recall
Level 5: Dispel Field, Magic Reflection, Paralyze
Level 6: Dispel, Invisibility, Mark, Reveal
Level 7: Energy Field, Flame Strike, Gate Travel, Mass Dispel
Level 8: Resurrection

Annabell Red

Re: In study of the arcane arts: the dark and light spells

Post by Annabell Red »

Very interesting! Nice to see that we have one more person who will fight for good! So many are so easily seduced by evil, as it is the easier path.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Re: In study of the arcane arts: the dark and light spells

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Have a care, Champion of Light: be not deceived by vanities; often, the 'righteous man' is nothing more than the 'self-righteous man'; the moth that hurtles toward the lantern perishes outright, or wastes its life in an empty pursuit of the light; an excess of light will blind just as assuredly, and just as permanently, as will the darkest, unending night.

He who stands fully in the Light must nevertheless cast a shadow; for he who toils vigorously and honestly under the light of the day, the merest shade will deliver blessed respite. It must be remembered: in the absence of darkness, there can be no light; in the absence of light, only darkness; if you doubt me, ask a blind man.

Speak to the blind man, again: only when one realizes that the dark hides no terrors does the darkness no longer hold any fear.

And, so, the Champion of Virtue perceives the Light and the Dark, both, as necessary tools: the means of pursuing and serving Virtue; the Light might be preferred, only, because it reveals to us The Path.

Go forth, young paladin, and wield your Magic in accord with The Virtues! Our Land is always in need of true heroes. Stand steadfast in the Light, even if only to offer succour to the toiling, hopeless, and weary.

All you need do is find, for yourself, The Path. At least sometimes, my own implores me to gently intercept and redirect ... a beautiful moth.

With my blessing,

The Glorious Lord Saxmund Sighelm,
Knight of The Shining Path,
Lord High Protector, Silver Serpent Society
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.