Finding MiB spots...any hints for efficiency?

Topics related to Second Age
Edie Brickell

Finding MiB spots...any hints for efficiency?

Post by Edie Brickell »

Are there any programs or ideas on how to most easily get your boat to MiB spots once you have the MiBs? Just seems like a lot of time can be wasted trying to sail around to the right spot...is this something folks use some sort of macro for?

Capitalist

Re: Finding MiB spots...any hints for efficiency?

Post by Capitalist »

You can put the coords into a spreadsheet and copy pasta the spreadsheet into a fishing macro based on coords.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I plug the MiB co-ordinates into UOAM and use UOAM as my navigation: I will 'trawl' from each location to the next (i.e. "slow left; slow forward left"), fishing over the side all the while; after a few hours I return home with a shipload of loot, and 10-12 new MiBs.

The only macros I run are repetitive fishing-by-relative-location for the fishers, and an attack-nearest-criminal for the archer-bot-sentinel. I do not do this afk: I have to command the ship and, I think, doing this in any truly-afk style would violate shard policies; also, I think anything afk would be a great way to lose everything to pirates.

Good luck and have fun.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

I'm not trying to AFK macro...just trying to find an easy way to plot points to take me from one set of cords ot another for MiBs I've already fished up.

Thanks!

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

I may have given more information than was requested and, maybe, clouded the issue.

The primary intention was to simply suggest using UOAM: you will be able to see how all of your SOSs relate to each other, by location; from that, you can plot the most-expeditious route to scoop them all up, and UOAM is an easy tool to confirm that you are navigating efficiently.

That is all.

'What I do' is a bit of an arduous exercise, and time-consuming, but it's self-sustaining: I arrive home with fresh MiBs from the excursion, plus all the loot from the MiBs fished-up during the last.

Please remember that you did ask for advice, and 'hints'.

Good fishing.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:I may have given more information than was requested and, maybe, clouded the issue.

The primary intention was to simply suggest using UOAM: you will be able to see how all of your SOSs relate to each other, by location; from that, you can plot the most-expeditious route to scoop them all up, and UOAM is an easy tool to confirm that you are navigating efficiently.

That is all.

'What I do' is a bit of an arduous exercise, and time-consuming, but it's self-sustaining: I arrive home with fresh MiBs from the excursion, plus all the loot from the MiBs fished-up during the last.

Please remember that you did ask for advice, and 'hints'.

Good fishing.

SS
I did indeed...and I appreciate the feedback...I was worried that perhaps I had not worded the original inquiry well. The idea of trawling for more maps while traveling to reach others is an idea with promise for sure. As someone who typically playes miners and bards the whole "sea legs" thing is new to me. I've recovered 5 today (out of 6 I had found) with impressive results including a Vanq Q-Staff.

Thanks again for the sound advice...

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

do i need to come take your mibs away?

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service