"that is too far away" bug with razor

Topics related to Second Age
randale

"that is too far away" bug with razor

Post by randale »

I have a macro I'm using that is supposed to cut robes to recycle the cloth after use, here is the code part of that cuts the robes.

1 Double Click scissors
2. Wait for target
3. Target by type robe

It keeps telling me the robe is "too far away" and won't cut it with the scissors, I have another one which spins cloth and I get the same message that the spinning wheel is "too far away" even when I'm standing right next to it. Switching it to absolute target will do absolutely nothing with the scissors.

Xantim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: "that is too far away" bug with razor

Post by Xantim »

randale wrote:I have a macro I'm using that is supposed to cut robes to recycle the cloth after use, here is the code part of that cuts the robes.

1 Double Click scissors
2. Wait for target
3. Target by type robe

It keeps telling me the robe is "too far away" and won't cut it with the scissors, I have another one which spins cloth and I get the same message that the spinning wheel is "too far away" even when I'm standing right next to it. Switching it to absolute target will do absolutely nothing with the scissors.

Need to convert the line to target by type

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

also, make sure there are no other robes visible to razor that are too far away... So if you open a bag of robes and then close it, razor still knows they are there. It could possibly try to target them when cutting.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

randale

Post by randale »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:also, make sure there are no other robes visible to razor that are too far away... So if you open a bag of robes and then close it, razor still knows they are there. It could possibly try to target them when cutting.
What line? With the spinning wheel macro it is already target by type, first target is a bale of cotton, second is a spinning wheel, and with the robe cutting macro, it is already target by type- as it says.

dvs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dvs »

Razor when targeting by type, will randomly target one that is on screen that it knows about.

For the robes that means a bag you may have opened has robes in them and it is targeting those.

For the spinning wheel, another wheel must be on the screen and it is attempting to target that.

You can change the timeout for the targeting to 1 second to help alleviate some of these issues.

I would recommend changing the spinning wheel to absolute target.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Potentially, it could also be the robe(s) worn/carried by a previously-logged-in character: as long as that alt was logged-in during the same Razor session, Razor will also "remember" its possessions.

The "Target by Type" feature is often problematic. When one knows its eccentricities, one can effortlessly decide when to use it in a macro, and when not, but those less-knowledgeable can expect to encounter frequent frustrations.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Swunk

Post by Swunk »

I never had the problem that Sighelm described. Usually what I'll do if I am having this problem in a house then it always means I'm either wearing the item I am trying to cut or there is one on the floor of my house somewhere. So, what I do is get the one that is causing problems and put it in a bag in my house somewhere then I just re-log and if it's an awesome robe I would probably move away from the bag just to be safe. But as long as you don't open that bag up again you'll be alright.