Old School shards - anyone remember these from pre 2000 ?

Topics related to Second Age
xSmilinx

Old School shards - anyone remember these from pre 2000 ?

Post by xSmilinx »

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this post is in the right section, sorry if it's not!

Probably a long shot.. but I played UO in my teenage years back in around 99.. anyone here remember or play on Novus Opiate Seclorum ?

Nickodemuse

Re: Old School shards - anyone remember these from pre 2000

Post by Nickodemuse »

That was a free shard? UO Beta was '97. I started playing at the end of '98 on Lake Superior then moved to napa valley. on OSI

xSmilinx

Post by xSmilinx »

Yea it was a free shard. Had a consistent player base of 600-1000 if i remember correctly!

I never played OSI, just free shards for several years :)

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

Hah, I played LS and then Napa.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Myself and some prevelant players played NOS. I played both SPHERE and POL as Death and Vega.

Players from NOS off the top of my head that troll around IRC: cavewight, Soma, and Faust.

Mark, the admin from NOS made a couple of his own shards like A1 after Probe went POL.

Khiafin worked for Probe.

Probe starred an internet company that he sold for a little over 100 mill and now faps in luxury.

Almost every shard besides uosa is ran or staffed by a NOS player, albeit they originated here since this is the mecca.

Shoot any other questions this way :)
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

@ Vega

How much wood, could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck, could chuck wood?

Edit: Throw me numbers for the powerball tomorrow night. If no one won on Wednesday it was all ready over 300 million then, so maybe 400 million. I'll buy a ticket with those numbers. If the ticket wins, I will donate a bit to UOSA so this post stays Second Age Discussion viable.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

10 minutes to Waper

10, 3, 7, 2, 6, mystery numberz
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

xSmilinx

Post by xSmilinx »

Vega?

Do you remember Deffy? :P

If you are the Vega i think you are.. you stole my Metallic Green tub haha

xSmilinx

Post by xSmilinx »

Capitalist wrote:Myself and some prevelant players played NOS. I played both SPHERE and POL as Death and Vega.

Players from NOS off the top of my head that troll around IRC: cavewight, Soma, and Faust.

Mark, the admin from NOS made a couple of his own shards like A1 after Probe went POL.

Probe starred an internet company that he sold for a little over 100 mill and now faps in luxury.

Almost every shard besides uosa is ran or staffed by a NOS player, albeit they originated here since this is the mecca.

These were the days I played.. I remember Khiafin, Dakkon, Liandrin, PoPo, Lord Grey, Asuka.. wow.. and Probe clear as day.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

xSmilinx wrote:
Capitalist wrote:Myself and some prevelant players played NOS. I played both SPHERE and POL as Death and Vega.

These were the days I played.. I remember Khiafin, Dakkon, Liandrin, PoPo, Lord Grey, Asuka.. wow.. and Probe clear as day.
Asuka was my right hand man. You wouldn't often see Asuka without seeing me. I remember everyone you listed as well. I wish any servers had quality players like that these days.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I played Catskills back in the day. I think my player was named Loki, and I think there were likely hundreds with the same name.

Only played a thief in OSI.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

Great history lesson. I played on ATL and Cats. I was DaneTheSmith or Octavin on ATL and for Cats I was MissDiva or BustaMove. i started day 1 on ATL and remember the lag was absolutely killing me with my 33.6 U.S. Robotics modem. Haha

Muska

Post by Muska »

Hey guys,

I noticed that the last post in this thread was some time ago but I got caught in an internet spiral that led to me remembering the old NOS days and I came across this thread. I had to register to see if anyone out there is still alive and would read this....

I had played Novus Opiate since it launched and was a GM on that shard until the days it went over to POL. Many of you probably dont remember me but I was GM Muska. I had a player on the shard named Theory. I used to hang around with Dakkon, odb, warmachine, Khiafin, Cracker, Lord Grey and those guys. I am trying really hard to remember the name of some of the guilds....I think one was GKOV, Assassins, DFA, Unholy, Devils of something....

Anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone see this and is still out there...would love to reminisce of the old days sometime.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Uh oh you'll get Capitalist started again.....

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Muska wrote:Hey guys,

I noticed that the last post in this thread was some time ago but I got caught in an internet spiral that led to me remembering the old NOS days and I came across this thread. I had to register to see if anyone out there is still alive and would read this....

I had played Novus Opiate since it launched and was a GM on that shard until the days it went over to POL. Many of you probably dont remember me but I was GM Muska. I had a player on the shard named Theory. I used to hang around with Dakkon, odb, warmachine, Khiafin, Cracker, Lord Grey and those guys. I am trying really hard to remember the name of some of the guilds....I think one was GKOV, Assassins, DFA, Unholy, Devils of something....

Anyways, I just wanted to see if anyone see this and is still out there...would love to reminisce of the old days sometime.
I'm Dakkon. I remember everyone you listed and more.