Detect hidden Skill

Topics related to Second Age
Hades Grimm

Detect hidden Skill

Post by Hades Grimm »

is that worth going to 100 or just 50? ...

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Detect hidden Skill

Post by Boondock_Saint »

It depends.. I like it for finding people to steal from, or kill them while they are in their house. Tracking is great too.

Though if you are only using it for treasure hunting purposes, you only need 60 to open lvl 5 chests
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Boondock is on point.

60 for opening level 5 chests

100 if you want to find GM hiders (and you still fail often enough you need to cast 2 or 3 times to make sure nobody is there)

30 is fine if you just want to find invis'd players with zero hide. Although as boondock pointed out 30 tracking and a purple pot works just as well for this. Maybe better...
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Used Kotex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Used Kotex »

0 detect hidden is req'd to open L5 treasure chests. If you have GM Lock Picking.

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Cartography
Yeah, I'm still in DCT... So's yer sister !

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Boondock and I referring to 95 lockpicking when we mention detect hidden. Yes at 100 lockpicking you do not need any detect hidden.

You can macro to 95 lockpicking in a day, and then it takes a couple months to GM lockpicking hitting level 4 chests in dungeons.

For that two months from 95-100, if you have 60 detect hidden you can open level 5 chests.

Normally it wouldn't be important, but the huge time lapse between 95 & 100 makes it a very relevant topic. Most go the 60 detect hidden until they hit GM. Personally I left my cartography low enough I couldn't read a level 5 for the two months, and let them accumulate. Then when I finally GM'd lockpicking I quickly finished off cartography and celebrated with a bunch of level 5 maps. I made the decision because I really wanted those 60 points for other skills as I was doing a fair amount of level 4's and those 60 points make a difference.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

morgan1109 wrote:Boondock and I referring to 95 lockpicking when we mention detect hidden. Yes at 100 lockpicking you do not need any detect hidden.

You can macro to 95 lockpicking in a day, and then it takes a couple months to GM lockpicking hitting level 4 chests in dungeons.

For that two months from 95-100, if you have 60 detect hidden you can open level 5 chests.

Normally it wouldn't be important, but the huge time lapse between 95 & 100 makes it a very relevant topic. Most go the 60 detect hidden until they hit GM. Personally I left my cartography low enough I couldn't read a level 5 for the two months, and let them accumulate. Then when I finally GM'd lockpicking I quickly finished off cartography and celebrated with a bunch of level 5 maps. I made the decision because I really wanted those 60 points for other skills as I was doing a fair amount of level 4's and those 60 points make a difference.
Tough to gm in a few months even.. I think it takes a few years, unless you do it all day.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

LOL. If you want to do level 5 chests, I highly recommend making friends with a GM lockpicker over that grind. It's got to be the hardest skill to GM in game. At least you make some decent cash along the way though.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Once you get to 50 detect hidden skill it only takes 5 minutes to GM.... So unless you're at your skill cap, might as well GM it.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey