UO Midi "revamp"

Topics related to Second Age
Tristan

UO Midi "revamp"

Post by Tristan »

This is a little thing that I started doing yesterday for my personal enjoyment, the idea is to revamp the midis and give them a more medieval-instrumental sound (if tha makes any sense....).

Altho the originals are already perfect in my opinion I just wanted to do this and have an alternative client of UOSA with them just to have a little fun and don't "get bored" of the original ones while I play.

The original idea of sharing them is from Aenvar , so, if you like them, throw kudos and llamas to him.

Atm I've just "revamped" two songs (Ocllo and Moonglow)

Tristan.
Last edited by Tristan on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cromwell
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: UO Midi "revamp"

Post by Cromwell »

Thanks for this, these are great! Good form and everything.

I too agree that the original MIDIs and newer versions are just perfect. But your variations help bring out, and let us hear better, all of the melodies in the originals.

Your Moonglow version takes a while to end, in my opinion, but that's loyal to the original. Also, the volume is low in the variations. You really have to put on headphones to hear all of it. If increasing it on your end would degrade the sound, I'd say leave as is.

Found this link to the Ultima Music Archive, for anyone interested:
Hicha wrote:Not sure, but this site has a lot of archived UO music. I usually loop Stones.

http://dor-lomin.com/archive/ultima/musicarchive/uo/
"The Finest Arms, Armor, and Service. UBB."

Tristan

Re: UO Midi "revamp"

Post by Tristan »

Cromwell wrote: Your Moonglow version takes a while to end, in my opinion, but that's loyal to the original. Also, the volume is low in the variations. You really have to put on headphones to hear all of it. If increasing it on your end would degrade the sound, I'd say leave as is.
Ah yeah, the volume... if you listen to both midis u'll hear that the moonglow one has a lower volume aswel, or is it me? Maybe I boost the volume up when i upload another package with more if people seem to like them...

This site has a tons of OGG files from Ultima aswel, pretty awesome site that has been around for a while: http://www.ultima.rabbitslair.de/lair.htm