Has anyone ever just played, no macroing

Topics related to Second Age
Clockwork

Has anyone ever just played, no macroing

Post by Clockwork »

and built a powerful character? Like, a 7x, or something. How long would that take?

Capitalist

Re: Has anyone ever just played, no macroing

Post by Capitalist »

tried it, got boring
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Not since 97
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Asides from macroing anatomy to 100% and herding a little to raise my stats I prettend to raise my toon without macroing.

I can keep you posted of my progress lol.

Aenvar

Post by Aenvar »

I plan to do that at least with a few characters, just because of having the nostalgia mode *on*. That said, if you do it, do it for fun not to handicap yourself. Also, there are some very boring & tedious skills to train, and I'd really recommend macroing for those because the timesink is way too big and there is no fun in standing in front of the screen clicking the same stuff over and over...

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Aenvar wrote:I plan to do that at least with a few characters, just because of having the nostalgia mode *on*. That said, if you do it, do it for fun not to handicap yourself. Also, there are some very boring & tedious skills to train, and I'd really recommend macroing for those because the timesink is way too big and there is no fun in standing in front of the screen clicking the same stuff over and over...
You could macro those while playing another game, for example... "The Chaos Engine" as a Thug.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I did back in the old days when we didn’t have much choice (97-99ish). I would never recommend it at all. It was a fencer with archery for boss type mobs. So it wasn’t near what you would consider an optimized template. Most of the skills raised naturally via combat so it was much easier than a lot of other builds to GM. You only had to click once to raise tactics, fencing, and archery. Heal rose naturally from bandies. Magery (at the beginning) rose naturally from recall, greater heal, and eventually gate. We did still have the fire field trick back in the day so the first 55 of resist was easy.

I had to fight a lot of human mobs so I could get anatomy gains while in combat. Literally every time I was running through town or saw another person I was checking out their anatomy. Stuff like that. You end up fighting A LOT of lich lords and liches so you can get hit by a lot of flamestrikes, which meant you were constantly fending off PK’s, etc. You ahd to go to compassion a lot once your heal/anat was 60 so you could get a lot of poisons in to cure. What you hunted was completely driven by what you needed to work on, not what you wanted to hunt.

Honestly a lot of sessions felt like work trying to do 5 things at once just so you get a few ticks here and there toward the end. Macro’s are such a godsend. I never would have started playing again if I had to do everything manually.

Thankfully UOassist came along eventually, and I could actually max out some of my other characters(illegally as macroing wasn’t allowed)…
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

While training my first character here I didn't use razor and GMd my melee skills with no macros. (mostly fighting harpies in covetous, getting PKd multiple times a day)
I don't remember exactly how long it took, but it wasn't quick by any means..

Then I tried to gain magery/med/resist and had to learn how to use razor.
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

WizKid

Post by WizKid »

This reminds me of the days when everyone would get in a line and melee bone knights during power hour. Good shit.

PS nobody does that here :P
Saber wrote:i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
Saber wrote:garentee'd

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

bringing this up made me think why "back in the day" we were such a tight knit group with such strong bonds. Then it dawned on me. 1 acct per person and no macroing. If you wanted to train resist quickly you had to get a friend to cast firefield and ideally another to heal. after 80 healing, you had to kill your friend, then talk in chat for a couple hours while you kept bandaging him.

Every faster way required outside help. During that boring stuff you'd chat for hours and hours.

I always wondered why I made better bonds in this game than any other. When I traveled for my job there was always somebody wanting to have dinner in the area and relive our exploits. It was because to prosper you literally needed cooperation.

Every game after that I could always macro so you weren't nearly as reliant on your friends.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Loved Siege Perilous back in the day, I don't think I got a skill over 70~ and the 1character/account rule made it so that to get anything useful you needed a whole bunch of friends.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

yah i have...i did semi-macro blacksmithing and was present the whole time and pressed the macro button to make the item each time...so semi macro..i set it up in the actual uo options also, not razor...so it was just like i did it on catskills but of course took months longer on there...i was present for gming 2 of my dexxers fighting skills also...i do wish skill gain was like catskills in 97-98...took lot longer to gm anything and u had to work for it mostly..ooo ya and mining i also did manually to gm on here...set a last object, last target macro in uo options/macros and had to press the hot key each time to mine...after vein was mined up i manually d clicked pickaxe and clicked new spot then f2 f2 f2 till it was mined up...then repeated...very boring especially the smithing

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

sounds horrible but more power to ya
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

When I first created taboo, my brother and I were uo gold poor so there was a lot of graveyard time and fizzles on gating followed by the satisfaction of things like you can gate regularly.

In that time, roadkill helped me gm resist. I had to field a lot of magery skill to get the gold it took to finally be able to macro it. By that time, my melee skills were already gmed through dungeons. I only really macroed anat by myself without help from people like roadkill. .... Back then 7x wasn't a given on uosa yet.

Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Taboo wrote:When I first created taboo, my brother and I were uo gold poor so there was a lot of graveyard time and fizzles on gating followed by the satisfaction of things like you can gate regularly.

In that time, roadkill helped me gm resist. I had to field a lot of magery skill to get the gold it took to finally be able to macro it. By that time, my melee skills were already gmed through dungeons. I only really macroed anat by myself without help from people like roadkill. .... Back then 7x wasn't a given on uosa yet.
Graveyard skill grinding is one of my favorite parts of the game. WORD...