House Decoration Contest - Results are in!

Topics related to Second Age
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House Decoration Contest - Results are in!

Post by BlackFoot »

ive tried with sandstone, thers aproblem with the z axis on them and cant use em
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Type6

Post by Type6 »

Why is everyone mocking the small house? I actually like it :D. All entries look good though. I'm not really interested in fluff and decorations myself (function is more important), but I'm always amazed with the kind of stuff people come up with. To bad there weren't more entries!

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Wise wrote:
and come on guild mates as judges?

I knew this house was going to win when I saw the original pictures, mainly because people wont look through the rares and classic decorations, and unfortunately thats the case, I do say nice work like I said it does look good but there was no thought but into it, but I will remember for the next contest, Black cloth + Rares = WIN!
I would have thought my explanation along with a 5 point deduction on top of me having having the small house rated 50/50 would more than justified my scoring on this.

I mean... i even detailed the lack of points for rare and rewards wow factor in the description and talked about where the house relied too heavily on them.... I dont see how you can claim i have any bias what so ever in this case.

Honestly, i shouldn't have deducted 5 points. Kylcok is right about being able to count our ingame interaction on 1 hand... But i thought it was the fair thing to do...

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Hoots wrote:
Wise wrote:
and come on guild mates as judges?

I knew this house was going to win when I saw the original pictures, mainly because people wont look through the rares and classic decorations, and unfortunately thats the case, I do say nice work like I said it does look good but there was no thought but into it, but I will remember for the next contest, Black cloth + Rares = WIN!
I would have thought my explanation along with a 5 point deduction on top of me having having the small house rated 50/50 would more than justified my scoring on this.

I mean... i even detailed the lack of points for rare and rewards wow factor in the description and talked about where the house relied too heavily on them.... I dont see how you can claim i have any bias what so ever in this case.

Honestly, i shouldn't have deducted 5 points. Kylcok is right about being able to count our ingame interaction on 1 hand... But i thought it was the fair thing to do...

right I am just saying 1. aside from krylock telling us, we the players dont know if your best freind guildies or not, so you cant act like we were crazy for making any sort of assumption, you were fairly critial about the bulk amount of rares and what not but you still scored him 48? (before your decuctions, which I think only worsen the fact) by deducting points your admiting to a bias weather you say it or deny it, and your right, you and the others were overly generous towards the small house, doesent mean you still are not bias, its like givinging a 10 to the dirty russian gymnist who is a flop and a fail and giving 9 to your local counties gymnist but giving 5 to all the other competition, like I said I think the small house is a bigger fail of this contest then Krylock, and I just like making a stink ;)
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

im gonna be a weiner about the small house right here.

whys there a random vase at the end of the bed, should a small home owner not want to put it on a shelf or table? and two random stacks of books on the floor, no shelving nothing.
dont understand the creative or organized or decorative part of that, but got perfect scores :P

Senses

Post by Senses »

I don't see any reason to belittle the contest or the method it was judged. We are all imperfect humans doing our best to run what as best is an imperfect contest. Everything about it is ultimately subjective and when you throw in the tons of variables present, like big house, small house, rares, no rares, and people's own perceptions on what is more important, form or function, you end up with skewed results. All that being said, I think people ultimately chose the house they felt "looked" best regardless of all those factors or how they felt about them, and look is probably the most important factor of all. Either way, I would've decorated my house regardless of any contest or prize because I find it as much fun as building a tank mage or running out and PvPing.

More than any other game I have ever played, this particular little shard universe is so competitive and petty at times that its really frustrating. We don't all have to get along, but the cries of what's fair, and whats not fair does nothing but diminish what new people come here looking to find. If you want to argue whats right, or not right, or what's true vs. what's false, or even what's accurate, vs what is clearly not, then by all means do, but lets get out of the whole mindset of fair and not fair. Either particpate in the shard the way it is, or just do something else with your time.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

and send ideas for stairs to me

having a server with a bunch of empty houses is no good for new guys runnin around, need everyone to make houses look lived in, was hopin wd get more entries

have a map covered in decked out houses :D

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

i'd like to chime in...

i totally dug the top of the tower, and it was all possible by looking & researching (i.e. Goggling), so anybody could have mimicked or copied those 'things' or structures that we discovered (to a certain degree of coarse). so when i look at the top of the tower, i see 3-4 four main areas of interest. fountain, hut w/ bar, couch, playing tables. on the 3rd floor, a simple bedroom w/ fireplace and table and a fish tank. 2nd floor, rare museum (i understand both sides of the argument behind having and not having them, but i like the idea of having a 'showroom' for your shit, regardless of what it is) and a piano. 1st floor, runebook room and impromptu stable.

so kylock and i have been doing research and finding different websites for different decoration ideas (i'd say a few weeks before the contest was announced) for all the houses the are in our possession (which are part of the guild). really cool stuff out there, some made with lots of items that are and are not available in this era. all those dyed pieces of furniture for that couch does make it not a cheap couch. that price, on any item for that matter, should not be a factor in judging IMO. it all depend on how tasteful those items are used. if there is a couch, regardless of the color of it, that's badass. i remember looking for different fountain setups (many different ways to make them w/ sooo many different items). he could have made them w/o the use of the rocks that he purchased and found (one was a server birth that was found months past that server rare birth night), but he didn't. in most of the entries, i saw very little 'created' items, so i think its wrong to knock krybaby (seriously too easy to come up with that one....haha) for actually taking the time to make them. but wise does have experience and has probably see a bunch of decorated houses, so it's only constructive criticism, ye olde stinker :lol:

i thought judges did a great job and there was a lot of transparency in the grading.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Update: All participants are eligible for a participation prize, page in game to claim it.

Also, Kylock and caveman: you both still have prizes to claim. You can also claim these by paging.

Thanks again everyone :)

Michael Malloy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Michael Malloy »

BlackFoot wrote:im gonna be a weiner about the small house right here.

whys there a random vase at the end of the bed, should a small home owner not want to put it on a shelf or table? and two random stacks of books on the floor, no shelving nothing.
dont understand the creative or organized or decorative part of that, but got perfect scores :P
Random vase could also be known as a chamberpot. They go on the floor, at the base of your bed so you can make caca and peepee in them at night if you gotta go. PERHAPS HE IS TOO CREATIVE FOR YOU.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

hahaha im sure theres better items to use for a chamber pot :P (dirty pot)
and some horse dung ontop would sweeten that deal :/

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Maahes wrote:Update: All participants are eligible for a participation prize, page in game to claim it.

Also, Kylock and caveman: you both still have prizes to claim. You can also claim these by paging.

Thanks again everyone :)
Just for anyone who's stilllllll whining. Shush and get your prize.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink: