Apologies to the Muderers Who Killed me in Destard

Topics related to Second Age
Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Apologies to the Muderers Who Killed me in Destard

Post by Whitley »

First, I haven't properly introduced myself to the forum... after playing for years on Lake Superior, I finally gave up the game believing, as many of you, that the Trammel patch ruined what was probably the best game I ever played. So I was, and am, very excited to find and play on this wonderful shard. My hat is off to the administrators and staff who run this and allow me a touch of MMO nostalgia - thank you all!

Now to the matter at hand... I have been playing on the server for about a week now, and I feel that in my newbie state I may have breached UOSA murder victim protocol.

You see, I found myself in Destard this morning, using my newly acquired musical skills to set some rather nasty winged monsters against one another. It was touch and go for a while, but I managed to get control of the situation and even make a little gold for my efforts. This is the life!

And then, seemingly out of nowhere, there were 3 red names attacking me. Surely this was a mistake, but not having time to explain that I meant them no harm, I ran away to hide instead. They aggressors pursued me, and I'm sure they were all very relieved in the end to discover that their greater numbers, equipment, and skill were sufficient to dispatch me.

Dazed and confused by the situation, a dialog came up asking if I wished to report 2 of my 3 attackers for murder. Thinking that, well, it does appear the evidence is beyond a reasonable doubt that such an event occurred, I clicked Okay on both. Apparently, this is where I committed a most grievous breach of etiquette. If you'll allow me the explanation...

Somehow, my horse survived that initial melee, so thinking to at least save the poor beast from a similar fate, or worse, being eaten by a dragon, I quickly found a healer to restore my mortal coil, and ran back to retrieve him. My attackers, sadly, had already killed my faithful steed, and it was at this point that one of them pulled out a weapon, slew me again, and stated:

"You reported. Bastard."

So with that, my shame surfaced and my guilt immediately consumed me. I could not bear the idea that I had wrongly accused these fine gentlemen of the slaughter of an innocent, having no more evidence of it than what I have reported here.

With that, my murderers, I humble myself before you and I sincerely hope you will accept my apologies. I never intended to make your lives more difficult than they already are, and I assure you I will not jump to such hasty conclusions in the future.

I do, however, hope the 10 of each reagent and the 800 gold you pulled from my corpse will serve as sufficient recompense for having so unjustly received a murder count. And if it is any consolation, not believing in eye for an eye justice, I did not offer a bounty that some, ahem, "random" blue could later collect.

Sadly, as poor and as new as I am to this world, relatively speaking, I am unable to guarantee you greater treasure the next time I am murdered, but perhaps in this world such a paltry level of monetary gain is considered a fair exchange for a murder count. I do hope that's the case, in the event that we meet again the future.

Best,
Whitley the Bard

AlexCCCP

Re: Apologies to the Muderers Who Killed me in Destard

Post by AlexCCCP »

Hehe, nice tale!

Reds happen... I don't report some of em because they want me to report 'em. Either way, screw 'em.

Good luck on UOSA and welcome.
Salute in the name of Lost Soldiers of Darkness [LSD], Napa Valley and The Empire of Atlantic (1998)

"I don't believe in god, but I blame him for all my problems"

Xantim
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Xantim »

Always screw the screwers! Next time cast a gate to town and hope they follow!

Skool

Post by Skool »

Awesome story! Made me laugh. Good stuff man.
IRC Skool

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Wait, they were mad that you gave them counts? Usually I find it is the other way around. They get upset if you don't give them the counts.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

You should post this in Tales of Adventure!