Regular Leather Armor

Topics related to Second Age
Deano

Post by Deano »

alatar wrote:i think that only applies the ML expansion
Yeah I thought it was a later thing.

What about damage location or does all armour drop at the same rate?
Deano

alatar

Post by alatar »

i think they all equally take damage, aside from possibly mace that does extra damage to armor and such

Deano

Post by Deano »

alatar wrote:i think they all equally take damage, aside from possibly mace that does extra damage to armor and such
Cool that's what I was thinking and all I could see here in T2A manaul.
Deano

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Damage is localized to the character body. On each successful hit from a weapon a hit location is determined. Only the AR rating of the piece of armor covering that location is used to protect you, and only that piece of armor takes and "wear"

You can probably find better information of the details of this elsewhere, but more hits do go to the chest. This is for example why gorgets and gloves tend to last so long. They are not more durable, they just get hit less often.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Derrick wrote:Damage is localized to the character body. On each successful hit from a weapon a hit location is determined. Only the AR rating of the piece of armor covering that location is used to protect you, and only that piece of armor takes and "wear"

You can probably find better information of the details of this elsewhere, but more hits do go to the chest. This is for example why gorgets and gloves tend to last so long. They are not more durable, they just get hit less often.

As much as you might find this fact to be true. I've never had any issues using just a plate tunic on my mages when I'm "on the run" or any of my hybrids on any t2a shard I've been on. Even on OSI I use to do a similar trick (usually with a magic chain tunic for lack of dex loss)

So I'm not sure if I've just had great luck for the past 8 years+ or if someone messed up when providing guides/formulas to the public
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The method of just wearing a chest piece works well. Hits that go to the chest will be reflected at the AR of the chest piece. 35% of hits go to the chest. The total AR that is shown in your status bar is really just for display only. I don't believe there is any combat calculations which that number is actually used in. It represents your average effective AR, but the calculations for combat damage use armor at body locations, and the meditation rate uses the sum of the base AR for each piece of armor, disregarding any magical bonuses that are part of the number shown in the status bar.

So you regain mana at the same rate in a Chainmail of Invul, as a in regular Chainmail, and with the same skill use success rate.