Easy To Way To Re-Install Client & Re-Patch

Topics related to Second Age
Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Easy To Way To Re-Install Client & Re-Patch

Post by Alex21 »

Hi all!

I uploaded all the UO Patches from version 4.0.11c to 5.0.9.0 to a "RapidShare" folder.

You can download it and unzip inside "...\EA Games\ Mondain's...\patch", and run the UO Patch utility to automatic install all the patches.

You can select the patches you want to install. Example: "UO Rice" just works with 5.0.7 and bellow this. Than you can install just all patches to 5.0.7 and cancel the UO patch after the install.

Or download all the patches, save to a DVD with the Mondain's Legacy Setup and reinstall it without need to ownload all the patches again.
Original Post By Nerun: http://www.runuo.com/forums/server-supp ... post731871

Basically a easy way to re-patch just drop all the patches up to the version that you want to patch to & then run the client auto patcher.

Here Is Download:

Download Here:
http://www.elixirwd.com/RunUO/Files/UO%20Patchs/

Derrick

WOW

Post by Derrick »

Wow Alex, nice find!

I'll mirror these on uosecondage.com

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

So what's the general consensus about which patch to go up to for the shard?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The base server map is 5.0.8.3

I would stop there or soon thereafter. I'm not sure when the additions to the maps were made.

If we get a consensus from players that they would rather have the modern maps then I'm not opposed to it. I'm not really ready to take that step yet.

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

I don't see why anyone would want a modern map. You don't play t2a era shard for modern aspects. And I'll patch up to 5.0.8.3 and see if that fixes my map problems =)

Edit: It'd be easier if all the files were just in one .zip folder, since there are a lot more you want to install then not. So if you could download them all and unzip, there'd only be like 3 to delete, instead of downloaded like 20 one by one =P

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm actually working on that right now.

Part two is up on the website now, http://download.uosecondage.com/patches working on the first set now.
Last edited by Derrick on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: bad url

ifotwo

Post by ifotwo »

Hmm, my wireless cut out while I was downloading the patches from the site alex posted, and now the website won't load for me. So I guess I'll have to grab the ones off here when they're all up.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

i am putting all the files into .zips

Blakheart

updating

Post by Blakheart »

I unzipped them to the patch file. (4.011-5.070 dload)
I use the update icon in my ml folder, it takes me to update screen, but stops at version 5.0
It says I may have the wrong version or something?
This is the message:

Downloading patch uoml_win32_5-0-0a.pat( 10 bytes )
Applying patch patch\uoml_win32_5-0-0a.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I ran into this (stopped just after 5.0) when I just made a fresh install from the T2A CD, my problem was that I had done a minimum install from the CD and some of the files that needed to be patched were on the CD. I had to do a reinstall using Full Install.

If you're installing from UOML_setup.exe that you downloaded this shouldn't be the problem though.

I've posted my install on our website UltimaOnlineT2A.5.0.8.3.rar

It's 390 Megs, but it's fully patched from the original T2A cd so you'll see the correct graphics for some creatures that changed in UOML (Titan, wyvern, Imp...)

Don't everyone jump on this file at once because our bandwidth may not be able to take it. I'll be moving this file to a better place soon so if the link doesn't work a couple weeks after this post look for a new announcement.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

the patch's are down right now.

Deano

Post by Deano »

Derrick wrote:I ran into this (stopped just after 5.0) when I just made a fresh install from the T2A CD, my problem was that I had done a minimum install from the CD and some of the files that needed to be patched were on the CD. I had to do a reinstall using Full Install.

If you're installing from UOML_setup.exe that you downloaded this shouldn't be the problem though.

I've posted my install on our website UltimaOnlineT2A.5.0.8.3.rar

It's 390 Megs, but it's fully patched from the original T2A cd so you'll see the correct graphics for some creatures that changed in UOML (Titan, wyvern, Imp...)

Don't everyone jump on this file at once because our bandwidth may not be able to take it. I'll be moving this file to a better place soon so if the link doesn't work a couple weeks after this post look for a new announcement.
How did you patch from the original CD? I tried patching from my Discovery Edition (The Second Age) CD and right after the first patch it attempts ot download it gives me an "error applying patch" message and nothing else.

I was going to try playing the game in the original T2A client. Without the samurai, virtue etc options in my GUI "ruining the immersion". :)

Just updating my post. As a Windows Vista user, you need to run the UO Patch utility as an administrator. If you don't, it tries to update The Second Age immediately to 3.x. Obviously it won't work as it's skipping some T2A patches and most of Renaissance.
Deano

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

[quote="Deano]As a Windows Vista user, you need to run the UO Patch utility as an administrator. If you don't, it tries to update The Second Age immediately to 3.x. Obviously it won't work as it's skipping some T2A patches and most of Renaissance.[/quote]

Thanks very much for this! I'd like to put together a comprehensive client installation thread at some point and tips like these will be very helpful.