Have I found my new home?

Topics related to Second Age
Deano

Have I found my new home?

Post by Deano »

Hello all,

I started playing UO right after the release of Renaissance. I read about UO right from the start hoping to one day be apart. I was. I had the best days of my gaming life. However I recently quit UO after returning from a 3 year break. It's not the game Richard Garriot envisioned all those years ago.

I jsut found this place while searching the net a few moments ago. Was experimenting with creating a server myself when I came across this.

I have a few questions:

-Is Order/Chaos in this game? Can players choose to fight for Lord British and Blackthorn (and maybe in some cases detract from out right murder)

-15 houses per player, I'm imagining a very crowded wilderness with no housing spaces. If so, are they at least for sale? I'm worried I'll find all the spots gone taken up by someone who wants as many as they can get.

-What exactly isn't from the Second Age that is in-game? I've read the site and I'm about to log in now, but I've been searching for a completely pure Second Age server and so far I've found all these hybrids but no real T2A shard. I don't mind small custom changes (such as capture the flag).

Thanks again, look forward to playing with you all. Hope to bring a few friends a long who want T2A back again as well!
Deano

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We are as close to the T2A era of Ultima Online as we can be the only thing in game right now that are not in-era are the Events. Everything else is completely to era we done our best to make the dungeon and animal spawns as accurate as possible to OSI.

Order/Chaos is in, but there are no faction of course in this era.

Part of the T2A era was the excessive housing. I don't expect that even at 15 houses per player that we'll ever make much of a dent in the amount of space on the server. I guess it may have been a little dramatic of me to suggest that so bluntly in the shard rules but there is a Lot of space in Britainna. OSI had thousands of accounts on their servers during the era and there certainly wasn't any space at all, although I did manage to place quite a few houses when I played.

You can of course sell houses and I'm sure that well located houses will have a great value and this adds to a vibrant in game economy.

The server is relativity new but we have staff that are highly dedicated to making this server a success. We have some great players, many that played OSI in the early days, and I'm sure you'll feel at home here.

Good to meet you, and glad I'm you found us.

Deano

Post by Deano »

Derrick wrote:We are as close to the T2A era of Ultima Online as we can be the only thing in game right now that are not in-era are the Events. Everything else is completely to era we done our best to make the dungeon and animal spawns as accurate as possible to OSI.

Order/Chaos is in, but there are no faction of course in this era.

Part of the T2A era was the excessive housing. I don't expect that even at 15 houses per player that we'll ever make much of a dent in the amount of space on the server. I guess it may have been a little dramatic of me to suggest that so bluntly in the shard rules but there is a Lot of space in Britainna. OSI had thousands of accounts on their servers during the era and there certainly wasn't any space at all, although I did manage to place quite a few houses when I played.

You can of course sell houses and I'm sure that well located houses will have a great value and this adds to a vibrant in game economy.

The server is relativity new but we have staff that are highly dedicated to making this server a success. We have some great players, many that played OSI in the early days, and I'm sure you'll feel at home here.

Good to meet you, and glad I'm you found us.

Awesome sounds great!

What's the plan for future expansion? Personally I don't like any of the other expansions except some parts of LBR (mostly the story/events) and the much needed facelift of Kingdom Reborn (minus some of the UI especially the largescale map).
Deano

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We plan to stay within the T2A era of course but we may add some custom encounters/mini quests. And we will likely have more of a diversity of events/games.

We welcome suggestions for additions and changes that are within reason for the era and that can enhance the diversity of play on the shard. We want to make sure that all styles of play can find a balanced place on Second Age.