there a Catskills shard thread?

Topics related to Second Age
Eye of Horus
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: there a Catskills shard thread?

Post by Eye of Horus »

Last edited by Eye of Horus on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[12:31] <Pixelclicker> Horus is unemployed and on meth. He does not work, nor does he sleep, so the dungeons are never safe from NWO.

Fede

Post by Fede »

malice-tg wrote:
Arkon wrote:Was sitting here thinking of a few players names I haven't seen or heard of in a long time:

Abyssmal, Draco, Illyana, Octavius, NeoBahamut, Kevin, Russ, Cutter, BenGay, GarbageBOB, Madmartigan(sp?)

I often wonder what happened to all of these people and what they're up to.
neobahamut, I found a pic of killing him in factions, god those robes were so ugly.
I absolutely hate to admit this, but killing Neo is pretty impressive Malice.

I remember him when he first started out in the KOP clan along side Salvatore. Then it turns out, I think UOR time, he was the pvp leader on the shard.

Salvatore gave Neo his account, and I think it can be accessed somewhere to this day, unless I was given bad information, Neo winning a shard wide tournament on the original UO site.

Hamrlik
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hamrlik »

Hi, I'm (3 weeks) new on UOSA, I used to play Catskills (and Siege Perilous) on OSI shards.

My stay on Catskills spanned from '97 to early '01, IIRC.

I started off as a complete noob (obv.), then moved up to the RP circles, was a member of "the Undead" (as Palonas), the "Crimson Alliance" (as Sven Keller), then I got myself involved in some RP plots which had me creating a toon that started up in [CA] to eventually make it into the "Order of the Griffon" (as Arielle) at which point, I (being young, stupid and immature) gave them all the finger and turned powergamer/notoPK/PK. I remember hanging out in Deceit LL room a lot. I had numerous other toons, including my dexer Nikita and a few others.

Anyhow, I remember a lot of names from the "evil" faction of Catskills RPers, like Necro Sanct [Und], Dark Storm [CA], Arianna Storm [CA], Heaven Storm [CA] (to whom I owe a colossal apology, should she ever read this), Ceverin [CA], Eltharion [CA], as well as a bunch of Shadowclan Orcs (whose names all sounded alike, sorry if I can't name any) and tons of other people aligned with the Necropolis / Shadowclan Orc fort "alliance".

I also remember a lot of RPers from the "good" side, such as Jhezeen and Kroppolf (finnish members of [OG]), as well as Lady Moressa [OG], Deucee Deux [OG], Tiny Tina (iirc?), Lord Marcus [OG] (who GAVE me a large brick back when he could sell it for 250$ on eBay, TYVM) and many others from affiliated "good" guilds such as [VvV], [Yew] and others who hanged around the Griffon Township and/or the Kinship Village.

On the non-RP side, I remember joining [CCC] at some point. I also remember playing along people like NeoBahamut, Elminster, CyRuS tHe ViRuS, Lady Mirage, Emped (both the "original" and the guy who bought his account/toon who happened to be a RL friend, actually the very same guy who introduced me to UO back in '97), Shurik'n, Madmartigan, TJ Hooker and many others from the CCC guild and/or people who hung around LL room at that period.

If any of this sounds familiar to you and you want to discuss the good old times, send a PM. I also kept contact with a few Catskills players through my WoW guild (I pretty much quit WoW the day I joined UOSA, though... :P)

Anyhow, I've been on UOSA for a couple of weeks now, got myself started with a small house, macroing some skills up, about to get more involved on the shard and about to start looking for guild(s) for all my toons. Again, send a PM if you're recruiting. I'd be interested in anything and everything, from RP guilds to leet PvP guilds, depending on each toon.

Also, thumbs up to Derrick for providing us with this awesome shard. I'll make sure to donate to the shard soon, I'd feel like a thief playing on a shard of this quality for free.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Fede wrote:
malice-tg wrote:
Arkon wrote:Was sitting here thinking of a few players names I haven't seen or heard of in a long time:

Abyssmal, Draco, Illyana, Octavius, NeoBahamut, Kevin, Russ, Cutter, BenGay, GarbageBOB, Madmartigan(sp?)

I often wonder what happened to all of these people and what they're up to.
neobahamut, I found a pic of killing him in factions, god those robes were so ugly.
I absolutely hate to admit this, but killing Neo is pretty impressive Malice.

I remember him when he first started out in the KOP clan along side Salvatore. Then it turns out, I think UOR time, he was the pvp leader on the shard.

Salvatore gave Neo his account, and I think it can be accessed somewhere to this day, unless I was given bad information, Neo winning a shard wide tournament on the original UO site.
ya him and that guy bill nye always won those duels, they used to challenge other servers like PAC to due on test lol.

I was able to kill them in the field though. i had alot of cool pics from catskills that were lost to my computer being destroyed!

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Hamrlik wrote:to eventually make it into the "Order of the Griffon" (as Arielle) at which point, I (being young, stupid and immature) gave them all the finger and turned powergamer/notoPK/PK.
I remember Order of the Griffon, they joined factions as true brits i think we had many fights. Did you join that faction with them?

Also we had alot of battles with CCC in moonglow and at TG Village those were fun.

Hamrlik
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hamrlik »

malice-tg wrote:
Hamrlik wrote:to eventually make it into the "Order of the Griffon" (as Arielle) at which point, I (being young, stupid and immature) gave them all the finger and turned powergamer/notoPK/PK.
I remember Order of the Griffon, they joined factions as true brits i think we had many fights. Did you join that faction with them?

Also we had alot of battles with CCC in moonglow and at TG Village those were fun.
No, [OG] was still "RP" when I left it, and most of its members were inactive, IIRC. I only remember Lord Marcus still playing, he probably recruited a bunch of people and turned factions... *shrug*

Yep, being in [CCC] was pretty fun, lots of good players and active wars against decent guilds. Although to be honest, I don't remember much else from that time, other than the bright blue/teal color of our clothes... At that point (early 2000) I played VERY casually on both Catskills and Siege Perilous, until DAoC was released.

Eye of Horus
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Eye of Horus »

Cookie chefs - Learn it!
[12:31] <Pixelclicker> Horus is unemployed and on meth. He does not work, nor does he sleep, so the dungeons are never safe from NWO.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Eye of Horus wrote:Cookie chefs - Learn it!

ahaha
they looked like a gang of bananas

i miss real osi guilds had uniforms and fought together not like these vagabond pvpers we have here all in different neon crap that matches there elite hair lol :)

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Bagook Tribe was mean.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Jallion

Post by Jallion »

Had a character named Jallion ~ was never any good, doubt I GMed more than 2 skills. LOVED RP and griefing. Once ruined a guild wedding.
I remember Cookie Chefs and Black Dot also.
I used to play with my buddy Gray (Grey?) Death.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

Jallion wrote:Had a character named Jallion ~ was never any good, doubt I GMed more than 2 skills. LOVED RP and griefing. Once ruined a guild wedding.
I remember Cookie Chefs and Black Dot also.
I used to play with my buddy Gray (Grey?) Death.

cool i think i remember seeing you around papua

welcome!

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

I was in Beta, started on Atlantic and moved to Catskills on day 1. Better ping.

#1 Bountied PK on the shard for approx 3 years. Millions on my head.

Name was Candy Bytch.

Fede

Post by Fede »

Galendae wrote:I was in Beta, started on Atlantic and moved to Catskills on day 1. Better ping.

#1 Bountied PK on the shard for approx 3 years. Millions on my head.

Name was Candy Bytch.
Hah, I remember that name:) Welcome to the shard. If you need help setting up, let me know.

Jallion

Post by Jallion »

Does anybody remember Marge Simpson, Homer Simpson, Bart Simpson, Lisa Simpson, all red PKs?
Does anybody remember a group of PKs all named Shaka?

do0m

Post by do0m »

Whats up my Catkills homies.

I played on Catskills pretty much since the server was opened. My characters were Gozinya, Mondain, HomieDaClown, Achillies and Anferny MoBlack. The guilds I used to be in were !K!, OPM, CCC and RaV.

I mainly hung out in Glow by the !K! houses and the bank. I used to hang with Mistydream, Havok The Great, Jaden, Archey Bunker, Elmo, Pride, Mastabates, The Bopper, Eric Everblade and Leroy MoBlack... plenty of others, but cant remember their names =(