Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Topics related to Second Age
Ervin

Re: Great Lakes 1998 - 2002

Post by Ervin »

I recognize many fond names here. Excellent.

Sylo

Post by Sylo »

I played on GL from early 2002 till roughly 2003 or 2004. I played with random guilds through out my time on GL. I also was on UOgamers Hybrid and Divinity .. My 2 main chars I played were Sylo and DemoS.

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

I was on gl in those days Im on here with the same names axejunkie and kribe
irc axejunkie

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

how does nobody remember buff'n'stuff? he was a legend!!!! ::cries::

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

GOOD TIMES!!!

I remember alot of names here. Bring back good memories and stories.

My main was Happy Gilmore (WG) WiseGuys. We were PRO house hunters (IDOC) We claimed to own britain Xroads...mainly cause we did. Had like 80% of the houses there at one point including tower and later on a keep. We were not that greatest at pvp unless it was over a decaying house. I had the number one murderer on the old bounty board. Was my tinker named Tinkle and had over 555 murders and never left the house. Oh trapped chests were so fun. We would circle of trans a decaying house to see what type of chest were inside then as soon as it would fall we would drop trap chests that look like same. Oh the bodies of the looters....sooo fun.

WG was also known for bombing the RD auction house with noobs with purple potions. I was also a big fan of off screen killing miners pack horses. Also the hidden deamon and flaging at brit bank. Gee looking back I was an asshole. It was all in good fun.

My guys: Happy Gilmore - Longfellow (Dexer) - Tinkle (mule) - Oliver Goods (thief)
Guildmates I remember:
Lo Wang - Pepsi - Chubs Peterson
Durnik - Wiener
Nolez
Devo
Maebus - Virginia Bennett - Siloh
Shooter MacGavin - Tetsuo Shima
Klavo
Sealclubber - Furius

I played from 1998-2002 i think. Then few years ago I came back on uodivinity until it quit.

This was the best game and there is nothing to compare.
Last edited by Happy Gilmore on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

I come from GL as well, 1998-2003ish... Toons were Von Mussen I, II, III, IV and V. Primarily hung around Vesper area with players Animal Mother, Indigo, and.... heck I can't remember the other names.

T3hJimmer
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by T3hJimmer »

mr mahony wrote: Ronald McDonald
I used to hang out in Del.

RedNeck Invader
was friends with Bushido / LoveCHild

I remember Ronald McDonald. He used to come clean out orc / bone city fort all the time. He never atttacked me cause i always had DP on my blade.

Good times.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Happy Gilmore wrote:GOOD TIMES!!!

I remember alot of names here. Bring back good memories and stories.

My main was Happy Gilmore (WG) WiseGuys.

Ah, yes. WG.

I introduced a friend to UO by letting him make a character on my account. I guided him to the WG tower at the Brit X-roads and said "go on in, those guys love new players and will hook you up with gear". He runs in and immediately got cut down by e-bolts. Think it was you and Sealclubber that did it, too. :lol:

He said "Man, that was jacked up"

Took it in stride, though. Ended up getting his own account and started playing. :)
Last edited by Vhyx on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

Think it was you and Sealclubber that did it, too. :lol:
how did I forget about Sealclubber his dexer was named Furius. He was a very funny guy from Canada. Im glad to hear your friend still got his own account after that.

Jorel

Post by Jorel »

Matty wrote:how does nobody remember buff'n'stuff? he was a legend!!!! ::cries::
The name rings a bell.

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

Late to the party; but I'm just re-starting here on UOSA so hopefully that will be forgiven :)

Was around from launch off and on til Samurai Empire. Main was Corruption, a GM miner/smith/tailor, and I'm pretty sure many of the above PK's harassed me and my mining buddy back in the T2A days relentlessly (buddy was Krevo/Krevopolis).

Came back a few years later, and added Shadow Drop and another char for some of the PvP fun that was going on near the Yew gate in Felucca around '04.

Jorel.... I'm almost positive I know you and Elrik IRL. Jorel/Bishop/Fozzy all sound REALLY familiar. Send me a PM :)

Edit: Also -- if anyone remembers an oddly growing group of people around the Britain bank worshipping chairs... I started that and ran with it daily for almost a year. I don't know why I found it endlessly amusing to place a chair on the top of a signpost, then gather worshippers.

Edit 2: Also had a character around T2A that would run around in Britain wearing hot pink short shorts, and carrying a newb dagger named 'Homosexual' and harassing people -- mostly rubbing on people by bowing in front of them backwards. That lasted for about 3 weeks before it was deleted. Oh, to be young and (slightly less) immature again.
Valorite: The metal with mettle.

Elric The Great

Post by Elric The Great »

The Lord has arrived. Jorel, hollar brother!

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

this thread has been An Corped
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Elric The Great wrote:The Lord has arrived. Jorel, hollar brother!
Wow. Elric now plays here?
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

Elric The Great

Post by Elric The Great »

Freeza wrote:
Elric The Great wrote:The Lord has arrived. Jorel, hollar brother!
Wow. Elric now plays here?
yes sir! I'm here!