Hello from Kara / Voltaire

Kara

Hello from Kara / Voltaire

Post by Kara »

Just joined, thought I'd drop a note here...

I'm east coast US, and I usually play after my 2yr old son goes to bed around 9pm.

If I'm on before then, I'm usually afk macroing all day. After I get home from work I occasionally do some casual things like buy reagents, but I generally don't focus on anything too intense until my kid goes to bed.

I played UO from launch until the summer of 2000. I was already bored of UO by then, after the world was split I lost interest like so many others. It doesn't help that my friend forgot to refresh my house while I was out of the country for more than 2 weeks and I lost everything, though I didn't really have much in hindsight.

I went on to play Anarchy Online for 2 years running a guild called "Adeptus Astartes - Dark Angels." then joined EVE Online where I played for 10 years in the same corporation "BIG" (http://www.big-eve.com). I only left when my son was born as I didn't have time anymore to devote it. I was essentially second in command of BIG, and during my time there I had met over 13 members IRL from Spain to Finland. I attended EVE FanFest in Iceland in 06 and 07.

So I was without MMORPGs for about 2 years until I discovered UOSA and was instantly hooked again. In the first 4 weeks my characters were better that the ones I spent 5 years working on back in the 90's. Within 3 months I had accomplished many things I was never able to previously - namely having a GM blacksmith. Funny how much better I am at MMORPG's now that I've been playing them for 20 years.

My characters:
Kara - PVM Pure mage w/provocation
Voltaire - PVM Dexxer w/parrying
Oppenheimer- GM smith, working on GM in tailoring, carpentry, tinkering, cooking and bowcraft.
Marie Curie - GM scribe, working on GM alchemy, poisoning. Also a backup PVM mage for Voltaire.
Andrei Sakharov - Tamer in training.
Fermi - Stealth miner and lumberjack.

Mules:
Meitner - Sweatshop worker (tailoring for fancy shirts)
Kurchatov - Sweatshop worker (tailoring for fancy shirts)

My house is just up the road from the guild house - a 2 story along the road north-east of the guild castle.
Last edited by Kara on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Re: Hello from Kara / Voltaire

Post by Capitalist »

Hello, welcome.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.