Provoking problems?

Topics related to Second Age
seth

Provoking problems?

Post by seth »

I have a few questions pertaining to provoking that maybe some of you other provokers have encountered and can enlighten me on.

(1) Destard (Dungeon): I went to Destard last night and couldn't provoke anything. I kept getting, "Verbal taunts would probably do better" and "Failed to incite." BTW, I have 100 Musicianship and 100 Provoking?

(2) Where are some good places to provoke and does anyone know of a rune library that could point me there?

Luminarie

Re: Provoking problems?

Post by Luminarie »

The failed to incite enough anger message just straight up means you failed to incite your creature. I beleive the formula is the difficulty of both creatures difficulty added together divided by 2. (IDK if thats how its calculated way back in this era as this is my first provoke character)

I think dragon on dragon has like a 50% chance?

Anywho the verbal taunts message i do beleive is when you have aggro from the mob. Which is not good.

As for places to go farm, i farm in places where i can hide and pre cast a bs or an ev. Get one of those out and provoke from there. Lately I haven't done any treasure chests so i'm probably gonna drop provo/music for pvp skills as most things i farm (dragons/LL/gazers) go about as fast with mass casting bs's and evs

Destard is good but first floor doesn't have a lot of hiding spots to precast... also, its easily accesible so asshats like myself will track you down there and gank you on mobs, just an fyi
Last edited by Luminarie on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luminarie

alatar

Post by alatar »

#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

Ya could just precast INvis, run up around the monsters you wanna voke, hide, pull bars, then voke them real fast np np.
-cr3w-

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Clyde- wrote:Ya could just precast INvis, run up around the monsters you wanna voke, hide, pull bars, then voke them real fast np np.

bingo :!:
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

See im not such a bad guy :D
-cr3w-