physically stuck

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

physically stuck

Post by Apok »

From time to time as i move around sometimes i will not be able to walk/run in a certain direction. to be able to freely move in all directions after this happens i have to cast teleport.

REPORTED ISSUE: Physically unable to move in only one certain direction

ISSUE DETAILS: this is hard to pin point. it has been off and on since i started playing here. sometimes i will be unable to walk in a certain direction the only way to break it is if i cast teleport. Secondly when this happens even if i use the pathfinding feature my charecter is still not able to find a path and move in that given direction.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: this seems to happen mostly in the general playing field

STEPS TO RECREATE: not sure how you would recrate this. it is most likly a client issue?

EXPECTED RESULTS:

DATE REPORTED: 07/16/2009

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: physically stuck

Post by Batlin »

It can be you loose sync with the server. In that case you have to resync the client with the server. You can do that in Razor by assinging a hot key. It's in : Hot Keys->Misc->Resynchronize Client

It can also be you are using another map (client version) than the server is using. The server uses the map that comes with client 5.0.8.3. There are known map problems with version 6 and above.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Apok
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Apok »

Batlin wrote:It can be you loose sync with the server. In that case you have to resync the client with the server. You can do that in Razor by assinging a hot key. It's in : Hot Keys->Misc->Resynchronize Client

It can also be you are using another map (client version) than the server is using. The server uses the map that comes with client 5.0.8.3. There are known map problems with version 6 and above.
Thanks for the tip, Iam using cleitn 5.0.8.3 so that should be ok. Ill be on a little tonight so ill create that hot key and when it happens ill see if that fixs the issue.

Thanks man,

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

I have had this problem on numerous servers.

amazingly this does not plague me here.

sync server works.. another way to fix it is to teleport.

Heckran

Post by Heckran »

You can also just start casting a spell and attempt to run in any direction before it is completed, this fixes it too.

Sounds exactly like the resync issue I've seen on multiple RunUO shards. The last one I played simply had a [resync command in-game to take care of the problem.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I know I was freaking out like who the heck could stealth that fast....maybe there is an army of them.....oooooo paranoia lol
Yeah but whenever you cant move or gumps dont open use teleport that seems to work
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.