More bugs added August 17

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

More bugs added August 17

Post by ~|~Damaja »

- Can't walk with 1 stamina? You used to be able to walk with 1 stamina but couldn't run until like 3,4 or 5?

- Med gains with passive meditation. Didn't do this until uor. Though might be like this on purpose for easier gains

- Tactics used to gain pretty much at par with weapon skill raised. Tactics gains way slower then weapons here. This could be due to weapon skills gaining on misses and hits, where as tactics only gains with a hit. Weapons used to only gain on a hit as well. But Could make them both raise on misses :P

- target bars stay up even after you have left the target a few screen away.

- if you backpack has 125 items and you try to put more in it doesnt let you because of max items but displays more. 126, 127.....

-----------------------------------Added June 8-------------------------------------

- NPCs (in town anyways) if attacked but not killed will stay in combat mode forever or server reset?

------------------------------------June 29-----------------------------------------

- Monster AI again. I'd love to see this era correct :) t2a era monsters never had different movement speeds. They seem to be acting how they did post uor ai changes. They are popping steriods and running fast, pathfinding more then 2 tiles, also their health seems to determine their speed of movement as well ( lower life slower movement) which was part of the uor ai changes. Also casting benefitial spells on themselves (heal spells) was uor. The rate at which they cast spells is way more often then t2a was as well. Its like rapid fire out there. Also the dungeon spawns are uor based x2 it seems. Could reduce the monster amount 3 times and probably still have to much :) (deceit, fire temple, Hythloth spawns corrected)

These are all the links I can find at this time. But will always keep searching

good one that shows some exact monster stats. Use The Hunters Link from this page to see almost all of the monsters from t2a era with locations, descriptions and loot
http://web.archive.org/web/199910132348 ... /abyss.htm

brief monster list for each dungeon
http://web.archive.org/web/199910091013 ... ungeon.htm

Monster AI
Monsters will “path-find” better and will react to combat situations more intelligently. The net effect of monster AI will be that monsters will be more difficult and challenging to fight. The exact reactions monsters can have will not be detailed. Players will need to learn monsters’ behavior through fighting them and watching their reactions. (taken from uor patch notes)
http://update.uo.com/design_196.html

------------------july 8-----------------

-There was a recast timer for Reative armour that did not allow you to keep recasting it once it wore off. What that time is I dont know. Maybe 5 minutes? (will search for time)

---------------------- August 17------------------

- Poison damages are not revealing you after you are hidden or invised

- Could only sell max 5 items per transaction to vendors. This would solve getting checks back from vendors as this never happened. Anything you overloaded from a vendor would drop to ground infront of you whether buying or selling. Money, regs etc did not matter. If you were selling things and are getting near max weight you had to bank and sell again or else money would start dropping on ground.

- Detect hidden currently raises skill while using it in a house
Mini-update with small fixes Feb 26 1999 11:25AM - House owners and friends will be able to instantly reveal anyone hidden in their house, regardless of skill level, on the grounds that they know their house better than any stranger. This will not cause the skill to go up.

- empty bottles on ground
Feb 2 1999 10:57AM - Using a healing potion will now place the empty vial in your backpack, instead of at your feet.
I remember this for all potions. Never do I remember bottles dropping to the ground after use, or if they did it got changed pretty early into t2a era still. They must have listed this one because it was a bug at the time while the other ones worked correctly?

- Mar 28 1999 9:35AM CST - Dropping the deed on the architect will sell the deed to him. The money you get will be placed in your bank box automatically

- Currently Co Owners cannot place guildstones in the house they are co owned to.
Co-owners Nov 23 1999 2:50PM CST - Co-owners will be able to do everything that an owner can, except:
Transfer ownership of the house, Re-deed a house, Add another co-owner, Change the house locks.

I'm also adding the strong box info because I remember reading somewhere this is not introduced yet? and since we have co owners here you go -
Co-owners can also place one secure container, called a "strongbox".
To place a strongbox the co-owner must say, "I wish to place a strongbox". The strongbox will appear at your feet.
The strongbox can only be accessed by the co-owner who placed it and the owner of the house.
A strongbox can hold up to 25 items and has no weight restrictions. Note that the strongbox is a secure container, but items in the box do not count against the total number of lockdowns for that house. These strongboxes are additional storage.
A strongbox belonging to a co-owner that is removed will become unsecure (and subject to decay) as soon as it is accessed again.
Other characters on the same account that are being treated as co-owners will NOT be able to place a strongbox.

- Patch notes for october 1 1998
Explosion potions no longer set off other explosion potions. We regret that our earlier post seemed to indicate that the explosion potion was changed only at the request of the City of Oasis, without input from other player sources. Reports from the City of Oasis on Sonoma, which was suffering from terrorist bombs during their periodic Fight Nights, and subsequent support from other player commentary brought this issue to our attention. Please note that the explosion potions were never intended to be instant-kill tools. From now on, explosion potions will only detonate themselves.

Last edited by ~|~Damaja on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:25 am, edited 16 times in total.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: bugs

Post by Teknix »

~|~Damaja wrote:- - target bars stay up even after you have left the target a few screen away.

- using a spyglass. It tells you about trammel! AHHHHH

the target bar trick is how you got black sandals in the day w/o getting guards called on you while in town.

spyglass always said something about trammel (95% sure on this)
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Teknix wrote:
~|~Damaja wrote:- - target bars stay up even after you have left the target a few screen away.

- using a spyglass. It tells you about trammel! AHHHHH

the target bar trick is how you got black sandals in the day w/o getting guards called on you while in town.
how did you do this?

alatar

Post by alatar »

that has nothing to do with black sandals, sticky bars stay up because OSI desgined them that way in an expansion client..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

~|~Damaja wrote:- Can't walk with 1 stamina. You used to be able to walk with 1 stamina but couldn't run until like 3,4 or 5?
I thought you always had to let stam build to two before you could move. I'll look into this
~|~Damaja wrote:- Med gains with passive meditation. Didn't do this until uor. Though might be like this on purpose for easier gains
Same as the above, I thought this was accurate. Will research
~|~Damaja wrote: - Tactics used to gain pretty much at par with weapon skill raised. Tactics gains way slower then weapons here. This could be due to weapon skills gaining on misses and hits, where as tactics only gains with a hit. Weapons used to only gain on a hit as well. But Could make them both raise on misses :P
Aye, this explains the discrepancy there. This is an issue with the way skill checks are done in melee combat, but is fixable.
~|~Damaja wrote: - starting stats at creation screen 60 10 10 = 58 12 10 when starting game for some reason
This was intentional. New players starting with 10 or 11 dex walk through someone and then are unable to move due to ~|~Damaja bug item #1. To resolve this we've implemented a minimum dex on 12 in charater creation. It's certainly not accurate, but new players have logged in many times and paged, not being able to move prior to this change.
~|~Damaja wrote:- moonglow graveyard entrance has no gates
Added, also to Cove cemetary.
~|~Damaja wrote:- target bars stay up even after you have left the target a few screen away.
This is a client issue. I actually think it's Razor that preserves the bars.
~|~Damaja wrote:- I had a lich walk through the graveyard fence!
Very strange.
~|~Damaja wrote:- using a spyglass. It tells you about trammel! AHHHHH
Trammel and Felucca are the moons of Sosiaria. No sosarian has yet set foot on either of these places.
~|~Damaja wrote:- if you backpack has 125 items and you try to put more in it doesnt let you because of max items but displays more. 126, 127.....
I'll try to get this fixed as well.

Thanks much for this list!

Kenrick

Post by Kenrick »

~|~Damaja wrote: - I had a lich walk through the graveyard fence!
Was it the back of the Moonglow graveyard? There is a hole in that fence.

Also, liches can cast teleport, which could have made it "look" like they walked through the fence.
how does I bought horse?

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Kenrick wrote:
~|~Damaja wrote: - I had a lich walk through the graveyard fence!
Was it the back of the Moonglow graveyard? There is a hole in that fence.

Also, liches can cast teleport, which could have made it "look" like they walked through the fence.

ya there is a hole in the fence.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Fence repaired. Thanks.

Kenrick

Post by Kenrick »

Derrick wrote:Fence repaired. Thanks.
If you plugged the hole in the Moonglow GY fence, then you're making it less accurate. That hole has always been there. :mrgreen:
how does I bought horse?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You shoulda mentioned that, I had no idea :)

There's so many tiles missing in the maps when ever i see something like that a assume it needs to be fixed.

Thanks.

nubblie

Post by nubblie »

it seems mobs attack at to far of a distance I was doing some pvm'n today and I had mobs attacking me from at least 2 screens away... I dont remember anytime in OSI where they attacked from that distance.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

alatar wrote:that has nothing to do with black sandals, sticky bars stay up because OSI desgined them that way in an expansion client..
so he's saying the bars will stay up after you walk numerous screens away? i got confused.

the black sandal trick (which i'm sure has been fixed, atleast the spawn of them) involves you pulling the stat bar of a certain npc, walking out of sight of said npc, attacking the stat bar that is still up being sure that no other npcs are around to call guards. i would get an average of 7-10 a week. you would get one ever 6-8 npc's. nice little trick that got me some $$$, but i did get a 24 hour ban for doing it infront of a hidden counselor on napa in n'jlemn (sp)

LAME

i only knew about it for 2 months before it was fixed, but i hooked it up for some close friends. honestly, the hype behind them was crazy for such a long time, and at when people first started finding them, prices were crazy. i'd love me some sandies
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Storm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Storm »

nubblie wrote:it seems mobs attack at to far of a distance I was doing some pvm'n today and I had mobs attacking me from at least 2 screens away... I dont remember anytime in OSI where they attacked from that distance.
I tend to agree with this a little.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Storm wrote:
nubblie wrote:it seems mobs attack at to far of a distance I was doing some pvm'n today and I had mobs attacking me from at least 2 screens away... I dont remember anytime in OSI where they attacked from that distance.
I tend to agree with this a little.
I was eventually going to bring this up to :) I remember if you got the thing off your screen then it wouldn't aggro to you anymore. Also the ai pathfinding was only like 1 or 2 tiles. So they got stuck behind things alot. I have had monsters move backwards more then 4 tiles and move over atleast 3 tiles to get around something and continue after me.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

Kenrick wrote:
Derrick wrote:Fence repaired. Thanks.
If you plugged the hole in the Moonglow GY fence, then you're making it less accurate. That hole has always been there. :mrgreen:
that was always there? My whole noob days were killing things and getting pked there at that gy and never did I go through or see anyone go through that gap. weird