Starting Stats = 80 atm

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Starting Stats = 80 atm

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

Reported Issue: Starting Stats = 80

Issue Details: I can't remember exactly what we started with, but 80 isn't era accurate. This did not occur until Sep. 2001. http://www.uoherald.com/news/archives.p ... patchNotes

Steps to Recreate: Further research into the exact number of era-accurate starting stat amounts.

Expected Result: I am looking more into this to find the exact amount, and I inquire others to do the same.

Date Reported: 6/17/09

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

[23:25] <chainsoar> some rat f#&* on foot just killed me with a single ebolt

[18:19] <MatrondeWinter> I once saw ShastaMcNasty kill chad- with only a pitchfork, 5 bandaids, and the unlock spell.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Starting Stats = 80 atm

Post by Batlin »

The starting stats were adjusted from 65 to 100 in september 1997 (in client 1.23.39b):

http://www.uoguide.com/Client_Patch_1.23.39b

The issue here is : in the uodemo the total is 65.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

the starting stats for 65 for a long time, years from after the game was released, well into t2a. I can't recall how many chars i made with 45/10/10 from sept 97 and onward.

Look at the patch notes, the game wasn't even out on Sept 5th 97..... That never happened.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_online#Timeline

September 1997 is the end from the beta period.
So that change must have been withdrawn at some point before the game went gold in 1998.

Also, you can't go below 65 using the stat calculator on uo stratics : http://uo.stratics.com/content/tools/statscalc.shtml
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This is one of those issues where changes in the client kind of tie our hands. We don't have control over the character creation screens since they are within the client itself. I fear that forcing a downgrade of skills on character creation would cause a lot of confusion for new players.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

What a bummer. I only get 65 when I create a new character. ;-)

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

What a bummer. I only get 65 when I create a new character.
Cool, what client version are you using? I really wonder.

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

I started with the T2A CD, and patched it up to 5.0.9.1. I don't know if that's the "right" way to play on this shard, but it works for me. :) Also the other little details, like the older monster graphics from before some of them were updated, are there as I remember them.

I play with the sound off, but I'm sure I'd also be hearing the old sounds and general MIDI music if I turned it on. :)