The Three safe houses?

Topics related to Second Age
randale

The Three safe houses?

Post by randale »

So, if any house with a stone foundation cast have spells cast through the outside wall into it. Then these are the only safe houses?

http://www.uoguide.com/Houses

1. Small Marble Workshop

2. Marble House With Patio

3. Sandstone House With Patio?

randale

Re: The Three safe houses?

Post by randale »

randale wrote:So, if any house with a stone foundation cast have spells cast through the outside wall into it. Then these are the only safe houses?

http://www.uoguide.com/Houses

1. Small Marble Workshop

2. Marble House With Patio

3. Sandstone House With Patio?
Edit: Hmm, well guess I take this back, looks ALL the houses on this shard have a stone foundation. So, none safe at all.

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Small houses away from water and on level terrain all have a safe tile in the direct center of the house.

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

I don't think you understood the wiki. It's referring to stone tiling. As in, when you walk in through the doors, you are standing on stone. When you walk into an L or brick, you are standing on wood.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

randale

Post by randale »

Narcissic wrote:I don't think you understood the wiki. It's referring to stone tiling. As in, when you walk in through the doors, you are standing on stone. When you walk into an L or brick, you are standing on wood.
Ok, I think I may go with a brick house then. It's confusing, should say stone tiling, because if you look at the houses on this shard they ALL have a stone foundation surrounding them.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

2 different types of stone foundations - One is the fortress style (casltes/keeps/towers) these can be seen though and LOS exploited. The other type belongs to every other house, and cannot be seen through and is thus safe.

There is always an exception of a "land dip". If a one of these exists near your house than you are likely not safe regardless of what house type you have.

Keep in mind that all houses can have AOE spells cast on their walls which can do damage up to 2 tiles inside any house.

Also, the three houses u listed above do not exist on this shard as they are out of our target era. They belong to the Renaissance era.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I haven't been to paranoid about where and in what house I macro in. I've never been murdered in my house before. I think unless you make some serious enemies, you will be okay 99.9% of the time.
Catskills 97-99

thejavabuddha

Post by thejavabuddha »

Eastwood wrote:I haven't been to paranoid about where and in what house I macro in. I've never been murdered in my house before. I think unless you make some serious enemies, you will be okay 99.9% of the time.
Not true, I've never made any enemies, and I've been killed while macroing at least 4-5 times in three different houses. People just love to grief.
Arhat - GM Dexxer
Alister - GM Mage
Calvin Klein - GM Blacksmith
Thom - GM Bard
IKEA - Crappy Carpenter

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

thejavabuddha wrote:
Eastwood wrote:I haven't been to paranoid about where and in what house I macro in. I've never been murdered in my house before. I think unless you make some serious enemies, you will be okay 99.9% of the time.
Not true, I've never made any enemies, and I've been killed while macroing at least 4-5 times in three different houses. People just love to grief.
This is THE game for grief. Enemies, allies, neutral. If you haven't got killed on this shard while afk yet, you haven't played (or not played) here long enough.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

My best advice is to place a small on level ground, away from water, and in a quiet place in the world that nobody goes too. Stand in the center tile. Forests often have small clearings for a small house, and the only people who might find you are treasure hunters or loggers. As long as they don't have a griefing character you are golden.

People will find you sooner or later. Unless you are training a skill that requires taking damage, chances are they will leave frustrated.

A well timed earthquake combined with a damage taking skill (training magic resist, etc) can get you killed. It takes more work than some griefers care to put in.

When I train a damage taking skill I pull off all unnecessary equipment. I set up a restock macro for the reagents, or whatever is required. That way if they succeed, I only lose two or 3 casts of flamestrikes, and the time it takes to recall a rezzer to the house (maybe 2 minutes?).

it will happen rarely, and it will be pretty painless. The only thing you are really out of is the time you would have spent macroing, but instead was logged on as a ghost.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

I think its impossible to kill someone in a small, center tile, away from water and on level ground.

Isn't it?

**Also with patios in the back right room center tile.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

No, smalls are safe if there are no land dips around.
Last edited by Roser on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Did you mean smalls are safe or no smalls are safe?

Your sentence is ambiguous to me because of the qualifier at the end.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

lol I didn't read your post right, my previous post makes no sense. I meant to say that small houses are safe, or if I read it right I would be agreeing.

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by AshBorn »

Ok lol that clears it up! :)