An Archery Bug.

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

An Archery Bug.

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

REPORTED ISSUE: The 2 second unequip delay for Archery weapons is not functional.

ISSUE DETAILS: When one unequips his Archery weapon and re-equips it 2 seconds later it does not fire as is supposed to.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: I am cold.

STEPS TO RECREATE: I would suggest you equip a bow and shoot a trapped bull, unequip wait atleast 2 seconds re-equip and attempt to refire it.

EXPECTED RESULTS: I suspect this is a bug and will be fixed asap as it is very important to gameplay.

DATE REPORTED: Tuesday, March 24 2009

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

Derrick

Re: An Archery Bug.

Post by Derrick »

Achery doesn't follow the same rules as other weapons. It was expempted from many of the weapon timer changes pre-T2A and later. I will however confirm proper behavior.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I can confirm that the bow does not fire after the 2 second unequip like other weapons (cough*hally*cough). It's hard to tell the difference with a regular bow, I suggest you use a Heavy Cross to test.

also,
R(A*15)R!!!

Faust

Post by Faust »

The timer for archery ran seperately from the weapon delay timer. It ran on a constant moving timer that wasn't rendered by the movement delay like the other weapons. This was a huge factor for the reason archery sucked during the t2a era. It wouldn't matter if your standard weapon was ready or not. If that archery timer was still active you would not be able to shoot.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

What is the archery delay then?

Faust

Post by Faust »

What delay are you specifically talking about? There is the hit/miss, damage, and movement delay. I hope that I got them all in that statement...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I know that you must stand still for 1 second before you shoot (Am I correct?). I know that standing still with a Bow allows you to shoot every so many seconds based on your dexterity. What I want to know is well when you un-equip your bow what is the delay to shoot again, thats what I don't understand. Is it still the delay for wrestling because there is no 2 second un-equip delay, is it some kind of other un-equip delay that is longer, or is it the actual general time between shots based on dexterity. I'm sorry if I am not grasping this very well. I read in a patch note quoted for your thread about the 2 second delay that In 00' they lowered the un-equip delay for Bows so right now i am guessing its some kind of longer un-equip delay.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I agree with the above question, but I will clarify, you do not have to stand still for 1 full second to shoot. The 1 second archery delay is for the damage, (like explosion) If you see the animation start, you can run off and the arrow will hit its mark (unless you miss).

Faust

Post by Faust »

The UOR publish in '00 reduced the equip delay for bows not the unequip delay. The equip delay will alter your delay based on what you equip. For example, a heavy xbow has a delay of around 15 secs at 25 stam. If you equip the xbow without the timer being ready it would reset that delay. This is the way it works for all weapons.

To answer your question. If you unequip a bow that does absolutely nothing to the archery timer delay. The timer like I previously stated is a seperate constant moving timer from the regular weapon timer. It did not function the same way as the regular weapon timer. The two second delay is applied to the regular weapon timer. This is why archery wasn't any good back in t2a. A non-range weapon could be refreshed but a range weapon couldn't because the timer was on a seperate thread.