Animals & Taming - Issues

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Madio

Animals & Taming - Issues

Post by Madio »

Since the last patch there are some problems with animals and animal taming.

Wild animals don't move.
It's that simple. I was out taming on dagger isle. None of the animals was moving before I tamed them.

Taming a pre-tamed animal (which was tamed by another tamer) gives me the message "that wasn't even challenging"
I don't know if this is always the fact. I was told by another tamer that a polar bear, pre-tamed by me gave him that message.
When I hit 73 in taming, I started to tame bulls. My first bull I ever tamed also gave me that message.

Mounts running away very fast or disappearing?
I got PKed by 2 reds near Yew Moongate. I was mounted on a horse.
After I was killed the horse started running to the north.
The PKs ressed me, and we tried to find that horse (3 guys trying to find a horse which was there half a minute ago. We weren't able to find it. Dunno if it just ran that fast that it was already too far away or if it disappeared.

Derrick

Re: Animals & Taming - Issues

Post by Derrick »

The broken wander for mobs and speed problems, and dismount problems were glitched in the patch fixed this morning.

Animals can no longer be re-tamed for skill.

Madio

Post by Madio »

Hey hey, thanks for the answer and the fix :)

About the re-taming thing:
This sounds strange. The way I remember re-taming used to be:
  • Tame an animal
  • Release it
  • Tame it again
Result:
- No Skillgain

• Someone else tames an animal
  • Releases it
  • You tame that animal
Result:
- Normal taming attempt
- You need a higher skill to tame that animal

If an animal was tamed by 4 different tamers, there is no chance to tame that animal for anyone else.

I'm pretty sure that this is how it was in UO:R. Can't tell for T2A but I don't think it was different.
Right now it's pretty annoying. You first have to kill all the animals in an area and wait for respawn to be able to gain in taming.

edit:
just found out: "all kill" makes only the pet nearest to you attack the target. i think in T2A this command made all your pets attack the target (at least in UO:R it did)

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

During the majority of T2A, once an animal was tamed by a person that animal was no longer eligible for skill gains by any other person. Also, the "all kill" command only commanded one pet, and the command would be stored away. The result is that the next time your target cursor came up, the stored command would be given to the closest pet at the time of the new cursor being brought up once you chose your target.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org