60k gold giveaway if you can help me fix my BS problem

Topics related to Second Age
DRUSK42

60k gold giveaway if you can help me fix my BS problem

Post by DRUSK42 »

my brother and i keep Disconnecting randomly its not at the same time its only my downloaded online things like M irc, ventrillo, obviously UO/razor. randomly disconnect me and my brother and he is wireless and im wired.
What We Tried Got a brand new router/modem in one, tried changing phone filter, connected directly into router/modem. ran stupid virus test. but its not just my computer so thats not it...

i can reconnect right after it happens. it happens randomly 2 minutes to and hour to 2 hours. it dont matter it does it when it feels. i have verizon i called them 3465564 times and they ran tests sent new router everything should be fine. but its not..... Please Help Reward If someone helps me solve this BS.
Last edited by DRUSK42 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DRUSK42

Re: 50k gold giveaway if you can help me fix my BS problem

Post by DRUSK42 »

^

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

DRUSK42 wrote:my brother and i keep Disconnecting randomly its not at the same time its only my downloaded online things like M irc, ventrillo, obviously UO/razor. randomly disconnect me and my brother and he is wireless and im wired.
What We Tried Got a brand new router/modem in one, tried changing phone filter, connected directly into router/modem. ran stupid virus test. but its not just my computer so thats not it...

i can reconnect right after it happens. it happens randomly 2 minutes to and hour to 2 hours. it dont matter it does it when it feels. i have verizon i called them 3465564 times and they ran tests sent new router everything should be fine. but its not..... Please Help Reward If someone helps me solve this BS.
1. Uninstall UO
2. Never reinstall UO
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

DRUSK42

Post by DRUSK42 »

bout to...............

Lord Blaze

Post by Lord Blaze »

What kind of verizon connection is it? Is it a broadband connection or a 4G LTE type cell phone connection?

DRUSK42

Post by DRUSK42 »

broadband

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: 60k gold giveaway if you can help me fix my BS problem

Post by Budner »

Turn off your computer. Unplug it. Wait 30 seconds. Plug it back in and turn your computer back on.

Do the same with your router.

You're welcome. Make check payable to Budner.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

It still sounds like this is on Verizon. Which, doesnt surprise me, they are imbeciles there.
Ok, I may have a fix for you though, if it is indeed the computer and not verizon.
How long has it done this for?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

For those looking to help, this is a DSL connection. Using a computer experiencing the issue, he took it to a totally separate internet connection and was able to run without experiencing the problem.

The problem returns when on his home internet connection. Since his router has been swapped out it's either a) he's very unlucky with routers or b) the telephone line going to the house experiences intermittent interference causing hiccups in the network connectivity.

My experience with DSL connections in general makes me lean heavily toward b).
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Abbynormal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abbynormal »

The only thing I can think of that you can control is the router. If it's a brand new one, you should check to see if it has the must up to date firmware version. Log into the router to find the firmware settings, then google the router and see if it's the most up to date version.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

If you took the computer to another connection and didnt have a problem, then its Verizon, just as I said. They are full of shit. Live them, go to a different internet provider and be happy.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Freight Elevator

Post by Freight Elevator »

The main problem is that he has DSL. Even stealing neighbors internet (what I do) is better.
Lambo wrote: And seriously what kinda pvper ever has a character with parry they take out into the field...... really

DRUSK42

Post by DRUSK42 »

We may have a winner !
give me sometime to see if any more Disconnection happens

DRUSK42

Post by DRUSK42 »

false alarm still having problems

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

DRUSK42 wrote:false alarm still having problems

Drusk, when did this start happening? a LONG time ago I had a similar problem. I did a system restore for like 4 months before the problem happened and it worked, but my entire internet was dcing for hours, not seconds. Thats why I think you have some type of issue with Verizon. Like Elk said, theres a hiccup somewhere, and Verizon is too stupid to see it.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish