Gate-killing pets

Topics related to Second Age
The oOo

Gate-killing pets

Post by The oOo »

One of m'boys is working a tamer up and likes to sell mounts at the bank occasionally. I've never played a tamer so I know very little about how they work other than what I've read up on to get him started.

Apparently his mounts keep getting gate-killed...someone attacks one of the mounts he's selling, pops a gate and pulls it through then kills it...what's the workaround for this?

He doesn't get a 'attacking you/pet' message, the pets just start walking to the gate and they're gone before he sees whats going on...

I'd figure the attacker would at least flag grey and be open to 'guards'...I haven't seen it happen so I'm not sure.

Should he be setting them to 'guard' him?...I'm thinking this is why he's not getting any notice.

Thanks!
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

iamreallysquall

Re: Gate-killing pets

Post by iamreallysquall »

if its a monster and you gate it right to town after you tame it it's still grey for awhile so free to be attacked. thats one thing that came to mind. Secondly people could just be enticing his animals for selling exotic animals with out the proper permit from us [cA]l. among other tricks :D
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

The oOo wrote:One of m'boys is working a tamer up and likes to sell mounts at the bank occasionally. I've never played a tamer so I know very little about how they work other than what I've read up on to get him started.

Apparently his mounts keep getting gate-killed...someone attacks one of the mounts he's selling, pops a gate and pulls it through then kills it...what's the workaround for this?

He doesn't get a 'attacking you/pet' message, the pets just start walking to the gate and they're gone before he sees whats going on...

I'd figure the attacker would at least flag grey and be open to 'guards'...I haven't seen it happen so I'm not sure.

Should he be setting them to 'guard' him?...I'm thinking this is why he's not getting any notice.

Thanks!
They are being enticed via the bard skill Enticement/Discordance through the gate.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Elk Eater wrote:
The oOo wrote:One of m'boys is working a tamer up and likes to sell mounts at the bank occasionally. I've never played a tamer so I know very little about how they work other than what I've read up on to get him started.

Thanks!
They are being enticed via the bard skill Enticement/Discordance through the gate.
What elk said is correct. Also, I always wandered, can you "herd" an animal into a gate?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

What i said is correct is what you meant seeing how i offered that option as well in my response. But anyway no herding does not work on tamed creatures.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

farnk

Post by farnk »

Is your friends name Felix by any chance? If so tell him farnk says thanks for the beautiful frenzied ozzies ;]

Jay

Post by Jay »

Tell "your friend" not to keep all of the animals at the bank.
Keep the majority somewhere safe, there is no need to have 10 of them at the bank.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Tell your friend to purchase a permit from cA in order for a peaceful selling environment. cA always look after the safety of animals.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You cannot herd tame animals.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Appreciate the advice...wouldn't have guessed it was inticement but sounds right...

so is the fix simply that he needs to command them to follow or come or stay when he sees his pets walking away?

ps...sorry [cA]...your mafia tactics mean nothing to us :roll:
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Dispel field uses less mana than the gate spell. ;)
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay