Some things just don't make sense...

Topics related to Second Age
The oOo

Some things just don't make sense...

Post by The oOo »

Weapon Skill [wiki]
"A weapon skill refers to a characters proficiency in a combat skill...The higher one's Weapon skill in any one field will make that character more likely to land a successful blow on the opponent."

Tactics [wiki]
"Tactics is one of the Skills. and is a damage modifier. It is effective with all Weapon Skill."

Yet the accuracy rating on magical weapons, which should be weapon skill increase, increases your Tactics instead, a damage modifier.

*yea I know...in UO's convoluted way, increasing the chance to hit IS a damage modifier...just one of those things that make me go "hmmm..."*

:mrgreen:
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo

AshBorn
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Some things just don't make sense...

Post by AshBorn »

Yep thats never made sense in UO history. But it is what it is.

It only works correctly on bows. :P

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I had never heard of the magical proprties of a weapon described as an "accuracy modifier" other than with bows.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

The oOo

Post by The oOo »

Pirul wrote:I had never heard of the magical proprties of a weapon described as an "accuracy modifier" other than with bows.
Hehe...yea it has always been referred to as what it actually is, a Tactics [damage] modifier though the magical properties are displayed as 'accurate. exceedingly accurate, etc'

just goes to show ya they were indeed making it up as they went when they were 'creating worlds'... :)
oOOoOoo Ooo Oo OOoOoo oOo