Monster loot ranking: gold and items

Topics related to Second Age
freakystuff25

Monster loot ranking: gold and items

Post by freakystuff25 »

Hello,
Can you share your experience in looting the various monsters? How much gold and what kind of magic items can you expect on an average scenario? please exclude gems and scrolls in the gold count.

Dragon
Drake
Baltron
Elder gazer
Blood elemental
Poison elemental
Snow elemental
gazer
lich lord
T2A ophidian (dont know the spelling) warrior
dread spider

A few replies and we will get a brief hunter's guide.
Thanks a lot.

Also, for a char with lower resist (<55's), what monsters carry as much gold as the above?

player 1

Re: Monster loot ranking: gold and items

Post by player 1 »

freakystuff25 wrote:Hello,
Can you share your experience in looting the various monsters? How much gold and what kind of magic items can you expect on an average scenario? please exclude gems and scrolls in the gold count.

Dragon ~700 gold, chance for level 4 tmap, and the occasional magic item
Drake ~250 gold, chance for level 3 tmap, and the occasional magic item
Baltron ~1200 gold, chance for level 5 tmap, magic broadsword and occasional magic items
Elder gazer ~750 gold, chance for level 4 tmap, and occasional magic item
Blood elemental ~750 gold, chance for level 5 tmap, and occasional magic item
Poison elemental ~750 gold, chance for level 5 tmap, and occasional magic item
Snow elemental not sure
gazer~100 gold, chance for level 1 tmap, and occasional magic item
lich lord ~750 gold, chance for level 4 tmap, and occasional magic item
T2A ophidian (dont know the spelling) warrior ~150 gold, chance for level 1 tmap, and occasional magic item
dread spider ~500 gold, chance for level 3 tmap, and occasional magic item

A few replies and we will get a brief hunter's guide.
Thanks a lot.

Also, for a char with lower resist (<55's), what monsters carry as much gold as the above?
With low resists and a silver weapon, you could kill liches pretty easily, as long as you don't try fighting more than say 2 at the most at a time. They drop ~250 gold and occasional magic items.
Last edited by player 1 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Awesome list. If my browser woudn't crap-out (nothing but black) when I try to raise ppl's rep, I would do it.

Thanks to any vets sharing the knowledge ! :D

Wrexx

Post by Wrexx »

Do dread spiders have a natural spawn location or only from T-Chest? I remember them in Covetous but that might be after they reworked the spawn in UO:R.

Thanks

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Only t-maps
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Wrexx

Post by Wrexx »

Started playing UOSA last week, been playing OSI off and on since 98. I forgot how selective the areas are to farm back in T2A(About 15 areas to choose from). Loving the server so far.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Francois424 wrote:Awesome list. If my browser woudn't crap-out (nothing but black) when I try to raise ppl's rep, I would do it.

Thanks to any vets sharing the knowledge ! :D
Try holding the CTRL key and clicking the rep button. That has worked for me (opens the rep stuff in a new tab - I'm using IE).

farnk

Post by farnk »

Wrexx wrote:Started playing UOSA last week, been playing OSI off and on since 98. I forgot how selective the areas are to farm back in T2A(About 15 areas to choose from). Loving the server so far.
welcome. watch out at the spawns. a lot of pk's ghost spy it and will come and grief you!

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Here's my two cents in ur search for wealth
1. Liches are ur best friend with a silver wep of course. Tip is to have hiding, if u hide than attack it while hidden, u will get at least two mele strikes before the thing even knows what's goin on (if ur gm wep skill should only need three shots to down it). 250 gold and magic items
2. Once u have acquired enough cash to gm a mage- balron, ancient wyrm, or anything is ur target. Drop an energy vortex down, once attacking it will DP the mob (if it can be) and slowly die. Two drawbacks are that any moron can make u flagged by getting attacked by the EV, and as stated those are the highest paying mobs and are watched by pks( or trackers). Use hiding to help this. Also don't stay in one loc to long. Hit wyrm, go to bal, go to bloods ect.

Many might get mad for the info..... Don't hate on me folks nuff cash to go around.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Vega/Delo wrote:Here's my two cents in ur search for wealth
1. Liches are ur best friend with a silver wep of course. Tip is to have hiding, if u hide than attack it while hidden, u will get at least two mele strikes before the thing even knows what's goin on (if ur gm wep skill should only need three shots to down it). 250 gold and magic items
2. Once u have acquired enough cash to gm a mage- balron, ancient wyrm, or anything is ur target. Drop an energy vortex down, once attacking it will DP the mob (if it can be) and slowly die. Two drawbacks are that any moron can make u flagged by getting attacked by the EV, and as stated those are the highest paying mobs and are watched by pks( or trackers). Use hiding to help this. Also don't stay in one loc to long. Hit wyrm, go to bal, go to bloods ect.

Many might get mad for the info..... Don't hate on me folks nuff cash to go around.
No!! The secrets out... Now everyone knows you can hunt monsters for gold!