All of these recent IDOCs

Topics related to Second Age
Capitalist

All of these recent IDOCs

Post by Capitalist »

I see a couple of you hinting at the fact that big housing idocs are a detriment to the server by implying that people have quit. Rest assured, they have all belonged to two people, one of whom is in prison and has had 2 towers, 2 bricks, 2 L's, and 1 castle fall. I just thought I'd share this information as I recovered a string of communications through books between these house sharers/land barons over a period of several of their IDOCs. The person in question regarding incarceration was a) from NW Ohio b) went to trial on April 8th c) is obviously not coming back. Now, continue on with something else to discuss impending doom about!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: All of these recent IDOCs

Post by Budner »

Man that's a bitch. First you go to the slammer, and then your houses fall. That is adding insult to injury.

What'd he do? Steal some regs?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Prolly afk fishing
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Steeley Dan

Post by Steeley Dan »

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself more than you are trying to "ease the concerns of the public".

Numbers are down, you can clearly tell. Other places have numbers going significantly up. Coincidence? Doubtful.

The large collection of entitled griefers here are driving this place into the ground. And they clearly have no intention of stopping.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

LEWL
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This will be an interesting year to see if we follow the same pattern of population increases and decreases as we have in preceding years. The client graph shows a cyclical increase and decrease in players that reaches one of its low points during the summer months. We'll see how this year compares.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Hahaha, look at that dip in world items around Telamon's IDOC timeframe, double lewl.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Overall you can clearly see though that the population is trending upwards!

Francois424
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Francois424 »

Kaivan wrote:This will be an interesting year to see if we follow the same pattern of population increases and decreases as we have in preceding years. The client graph shows a cyclical increase and decrease in players that reaches one of its low points during the summer months. We'll see how this year compares.

I managed to get 2 of my friends to join-up.
I don't know if they'll stick, but so far so good. :mrgreen:

riant
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by riant »

Kaivan wrote:This will be an interesting year to see if we follow the same pattern of population increases and decreases as we have in preceding years. The client graph shows a cyclical increase and decrease in players that reaches one of its low points during the summer months. We'll see how this year compares.
Pulling up a 2 year graph...it's been clearly growing.

I think as new populations come in and network with one another, old circles exit. The older players "feel" like it's dying but it's only because their group is dying. When I joined 4 years ago many of the players who were big are gone now. All of you who are reading this don't know who the hell I am, and when I got around to liquidating I didn't know who the hell this Vega guy was except he sent me lots of messages to buy up most of my stuff.

He did seem sort of harmless though, like a beer-bellied carnival vendor so I was right to trust him.
Pepin
Alfred
Witchfoot
Lilly B

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

riant wrote:
Pulling up a 2 year graph...it's been clearly growing.

I think as new populations come in and network with one another, old circles exit. The older players "feel" like it's dying but it's only because their group is dying. When I joined 4 years ago many of the players who were big are gone now. All of you who are reading this don't know who the hell I am, and when I got around to liquidating I didn't know who the hell this Vega guy was except he sent me lots of messages to buy up most of my stuff.

He did seem sort of harmless though, like a beer-bellied carnival vendor so I was right to trust him.
That seem to be right, when i look at the 5 year statistic it shows growt. Some people Think it going down cause there friends are quiting. And as Kaivan says summer Always drop players.

Casey
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Casey »

Steeley Dan wrote:Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself more than you are trying to "ease the concerns of the public".

Numbers are down, you can clearly tell. Other places have numbers going significantly up. Coincidence? Doubtful.

The large collection of entitled griefers here are driving this place into the ground. And they clearly have no intention of stopping.
Okay troll. Post count = 1. Other places have numbers going up? Did UOR gain a player? What is the average number of clients over there...7? Blaise is this your alternate forum account?

Numbers are always down this time of year. People don't play as much as summer comes around, me included.
Last edited by Casey on Wed May 08, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Casey wrote:
Steeley Dan wrote:Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself more than you are trying to "ease the concerns of the public".

Okay troll. Post count = 1.

Numbers are always down this time of year. People don't play as much as summer comes around, me included.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Casey wrote:Okay troll. Post count = 1. Other places have numbers going up? Did UOR gain a player? What is the average number of clients over there...7? Blaise is this your alternate forum account?

To answer your questions, in order: Yes. Quite a lot recently, not just one. As I type this, 209 clients but it's been growing on a pretty steady basis after a period of stagnation post-launch. Average is about 190-200 lately with a peak of 214. This is all available on the website as I'm sure you're well aware.

I do not, and will not ever, operate alternate forums accounts where I post and play. I go by my own name and have no shame in my game or post history. Can't rightly say I've always been pleased with myself after some of my more irrational responses, but it is what it is.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Blaise wrote:
Casey wrote:Okay troll. Post count = 1. Other places have numbers going up? Did UOR gain a player? What is the average number of clients over there...7? Blaise is this your alternate forum account?

To answer your questions, in order: Yes. Quite a lot recently, not just one. As I type this, 209 clients but it's been growing on a pretty steady basis after a period of stagnation post-launch. Average is about 190-200 lately with a peak of 214. This is all available on the website as I'm sure you're well aware.

I do not, and will not ever, operate alternate forums accounts where I post and play. I go by my own name and have no shame in my game or post history. Can't rightly say I've always been pleased with myself after some of my more irrational responses, but it is what it is.
Lol you are talking clients not ips=) 214 is the same as 80 people here. I dont Think that server have an 3 account restricktion neither so probebly less people..