Robbed

Topics related to Second Age
Weigraf

Robbed

Post by Weigraf »

So, someone got me good the other day, real good. Macroing, I lost everything I have collected for the last three weeks after leaving my door unlocked. I understand that was my own stupidity. However, I am wondering if anybody wants to donate towards my UO existance? There's gotta be some richies out there just waiting to drop some handouts?

Let the flames begin.

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Robbed

Post by Stuck »

Message me on irc. I'll be on tomorrow. I can give you some of my riches.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

There is too much charity here IMO. Probably nobody here takes a handout in RL. So why here? I mean, earn it like most of the rest of us did. It's too easy to earn gold on this shard as it is ....... nobody needs an f'ing handout.

Even IF the OP's story is true. Which maybe it ain't.

Weigraf

Post by Weigraf »

Hah its true. I lost a lot and half of the United States lives on welfare in real life so handouts are common...

I need UO welfare.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Hey if you can sucker someone into giving to you, rock on.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

*target locked*
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

faber

Post by faber »

Weigraf wrote:Hah its true. I lost a lot and half of the United States lives on welfare in real life so handouts are common...

I need UO welfare.
Totally non-sequiterish, but believe Mitt Romney said this (47%?) and it cost him the election (arguably). Ouch!

p.s.

Message me and I can drop you some resources. A small amount, but every little bit helps I suppose.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

Hey faber I'm broke, I don't even have a castle yet, can you help me out?

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

*holds hands out*

Yeah im too lazy to work for my own shit as well :)

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

After giving out 10-15mil+ gold to new players a few years back, I realized handouts are not the way to go for new players. Making them do easy labor is the way to go. I've been buying "all your boards, ingots, or fish" for the longest time, though I've discontinued the fish program.

Most new people who earn their living, even if it's as easy as mining or chopping, will stick around the shard longer than those who are given a 60k gold pile to begin.

With that said, handouts to players who are already vested in the shard, are good investments. It sounds like the OP is already taken care of at this point though.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Weigraf

Post by Weigraf »

I am not new and have been here 29 days! I was just robbed of everything I worked hard for. Plucking fifty feathers off a harpy when I used to have 15k is just discouraging.

liinniejj

Post by liinniejj »

hey least you learned never to leave the door open anymore:P

give a man a steak he eats for a day... learn a man to hunt he has food for the rest of his life

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

RoadKill wrote:Most new people who earn their living, even if it's as easy as mining or chopping, will stick around the shard longer than those who are given a 60k gold pile to begin.
Truth. All new players need is somewhere safe to macro, someone to buy their crap, and the best: someone to play with.
Weigraf wrote:I am not new and have been here 29 days! I was just robbed of everything I worked hard for. Plucking fifty feathers off a harpy when I used to have 15k is just discouraging.
oO I have a hell of a lot more than 15k and you won't find me thinking 50 feathers are beneath me.

random guy

Post by random guy »

Weigraf wrote:I am not new and have been here 29 days! I was just robbed of everything I worked hard for. Plucking fifty feathers off a harpy when I used to have 15k is just discouraging.
It happens to some of us. When I first started I did not know about locking tables down inside houses, and as a result Disastro and Lettuce from MHK killed my first UO character and looted everything from my house I owned. Years later I am still here but more keen on house security. Live and Learn.

raysmage

Post by raysmage »

This guy owns a small next to moonglow. he is good an im sure he can rebound. if u want help Ill offer to buy all the lumber and ignots u can farm at a discount rate of course :)